PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 7/23

Fysher
07-25-2011, 07:15 AM
Started a little later than I wanted.

Got there at 7:00, renting pontoon and off to the inlet we head. Fog was thick in the morning, got to the inlet only to see 8 other boats already there, metered a few fish so we gave it a try, 45 minutes, no bite, no fish, off we go to find them convicts. Went to the east end, metered a bunch of fish but no takers, we used anchovies, nightcrawlers and chicken livers. I threw pearl white swimbait for nada. Dropped a buddy off at the dock and then headed back out. Found myself a spot at the buoy line and and gave it a try. Metered a whole lot of small-medium size fish in 70-80 ft. They want nothing today for some reason, then all of a sudden, a couple to the right of us, about 30 yards away, were slaying them, they limit out in about 1hr. It was literally get your bait down there and you got a fish. After they move, we moved in and starting in on the action. Here one, there one and we ending up with 6 all about 1 - 1 1/2, only got to fish the spot for about 30 minutes before we had to leave =0( bummer, wish we had more time to catch more of the escape convicts. it's all good. Next time.

Bait - Chicken Liver
Depth - 70-80 ft
Fish bite - 2:30 - ???? left them biting at 3:00

KingShad
07-25-2011, 08:37 AM
Deeper than 50' is definately working right now for bait. I didnt catch anyrhing shallower than 40' last time