PDA

View Full Version : Lake Skinner Bluegill?

fishmounter
07-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Has anyone heard anything about the big Bluegill bite at Lake Skinner? They usually have started biting by now. Can't believe how big they grow in that lake.

smokehound
07-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Has anyone heard anything about the big Bluegill bite at Lake Skinner? They usually have started biting by now. Can't believe how big they grow in that lake.Havent been there in a couple of years.. I'm actually interested in going here soon.

Natural Lefty
07-25-2011, 11:41 AM
When I was at Perris last thursday, the guy next to me told me about the large Bluegills at Skinner too. He said you needed to go in a boat and fish around the tules in the east end. He was talking in general though. I don't think he has been there lately.

He was another one of the interesting people I have met on the Perris docks. He fishes flies a lot and he caught a couple of small bass on plastic worms. He talked about catching large Crappies at Green Valley Lake on flies, but I have to question their size since the Crappies were about 5-6 inches when I went there.

Another guy there apparently makes his living through fishing. He fishes almost everyday, catches fish and sells them, which is illegal. He also ties and sells white flies for catching stripers. He said he fishes mostly at DVL.

smokehound
07-25-2011, 12:05 PM
When I was at Perris last thursday, the guy next to me told me about the large Bluegills at Skinner too. He said you needed to go in a boat and fish around the tules in the east end. He was talking in general though. I don't think he has been there lately.

He was another one of the interesting people I have met on the Perris docks. He fishes flies a lot and he caught a couple of small bass on plastic worms. He talked about catching large Crappies at Green Valley Lake on flies, but I have to question their size since the Crappies were about 5-6 inches when I went there.

Another guy there apparently makes his living through fishing. He fishes almost everyday, catches fish and sells them, which is illegal. He also ties and sells white flies for catching stripers. He said he fishes mostly at DVL.You dont need a boat for the large bluegills, I dont think that guy fishes skinner, because I went with my neighbors and we limited out on 9 inch+ 'gills. A few dinnerplates too.

And it wasnt even spawning season, either. We were on the shore.

I've heard about large crappie at GVL, I saw a pic of an old guy with a big white Crappie.

allIdoIsfish
07-25-2011, 01:47 PM
I was there this last weekend, I didnt see any larger BG that were worth catching.

smokehound
07-25-2011, 02:29 PM
I was there this last weekend, I didnt see any larger BG that were worth catching. When I went with my neighbors, we tossed out dropper loops with a torpedo sinker, we were casting about 40-50 feet out.

DarkShadow
07-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Another guy there apparently makes his living through fishing.

Man, living the dream!

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/entertainment/2008/02/large_nns-movies-ferrell_all.jpeg.JPG

He fishes almost everyday, catches fish and sells them, which is illegal.

Ahh, nevermind then. Douche bag status.

headcase881
07-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Ive herd rumor they blue stoned the lake so every things deep from chemical reaction

P.A.W.
07-25-2011, 05:21 PM
I was there on Sunday 7/25 and was fishing the north shore along the tules all the way to the dam. Water was nice and clear and I was spotting 'gills in and out of the grasses in about 8'-15' of water.

fishchum
07-25-2011, 08:52 PM
we have been doing really good there at skinner.

check out this forum below.

http://www.reelfishingfinatics.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

Natural Lefty
07-26-2011, 11:14 AM
I remember catching Bluegills there along the south shore a long time ago, fishing from shore. I have never had much luck around the launch ramp areas at Skinner, though, so I don't go there much anymore. Last time, there was a school of thousands of baby Bass which were hitting just about anything, but nothing else bit where we were. I guess I need to go to the south shore next time.

Dark Shadow, you said it. I told that guy I used to go to Vail Lake when I was a kid and it was open to the public, and he said it is open again for $10 per person, but you aren't allowed to keep any fish. However, he went there and kept a backpack full of fish since nobody was looking. Is that true that Vail Lake is open now for $10 per person? If so, why wouldn't they let people keep a few fish?