PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 7/24... Skunks, disaster and LMB

P.A.W.
07-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Some days it just doesn't pay to get up. I met my friend Jeff at the ramp at 6:10, turned the key and no start! Starter solenoid is gone DANG! So we head out on the trolling motor. Jeff had to be back to the dock before 10:00 so we hung on the north shore and started hitting tullies moving towards the dam. Hit some LMB along the way which was cool. Got to the outhouse near the inlet cove and beached the boat so I could use the facilities. Along came a big 'ol skunk and parked himself on the beach right in front of the boat. I didn't want to piss him off and get sprayed so I had to wait him out for a while. DANG! After he wandered off we headed back to the dock.

Now, I had the troller going fast enough that I figured WTH and dropped my U-rig to show my friend how it's done. Getting near the entry to the east end My pole starts jumping and I grab it. The boat was still under power and it turned to the right which made my line swerve into my face JUST as I was pulling back on it to set the hook. Well, it caught my glasses and flung them into the lake. DANG!

So I drove home blind, my boat won't start BUT I escaped the skunk literally and figuratively. This was my last day of vacation and I can't wait to get back to work.

caddyjack
07-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Bummer! just one of those days

whopperstopper
07-24-2011, 09:36 PM
I have snagged my glasses off the top of my head into the lake casting before...lol i hate when that happens...had you smoked some of that skunk it wouldnt be such a bad day after all lol''

Hooked Up
07-25-2011, 12:29 AM
LOL_At least you made it home! :)

TroutOnly
07-25-2011, 07:23 AM
pat i use those fishing straps on my sunglasses and reading glasses when im on the water ,ive lost so many sun glasses till i put them on they just slip over the ear rests,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,no more losing glasses to the water,,,,,,,,,,,,,