PDA

View Full Version : lake hemet update.

pwynn
07-24-2011, 03:45 PM
I hav beeen hitting it pretty hard the last couple months because I have been testing differet colors of my twisted trout crawler harness and making sure that there is nothing that I could add to my twisted tackle secret sauce to make it better. Anyway fishing has been really good I have been getting 25 fish or so a day there are a few bigger models mixed in. But of course when things start getting really good they start taking water out. I was there on Friday when they stocked and I was supised that they stocked such large fish. The lake turned over this past week which lowered the surface time a few degrees and the fish have moved up in to shallow water. The last 3 trips I have been catching fish at 3 colors in 20 foot of water. Here is a couple pic. With the larger fish I have to keep them I'm the live well for an hour or so with the aerator on before I release them because the water is so so warm. Here are a few a couple of pictures.
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/pwynn77/utf-8BSU1BRzAxMDQuanBn.jpg
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/pwynn77/utf-8BSU1BRzAwOTguanBn.jpg

bob sr
07-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Hello Pete....."twisted trout crawler harness"....'Twisted tackle secret sauce".......when will these items be available? Glad to see you that you are back in action.....Bob sr.

pwynn
07-25-2011, 10:07 AM
Hello Pete....."twisted trout crawler harness"....'Twisted tackle secret sauce".......when will these items be available? Glad to see you that you are back in action.....Bob sr.
Bob send me a private message.
I am working on a website, and working to get them in a couple stores right now.

dixoncider
07-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the info..I fished up there and camped a month ago. would have never even know about the place it you had not posted reports from there. had 18 trout on the troll in a few hours and wide carp at the camp site..cool spot..Thanks...!

Natethegreat
07-25-2011, 03:11 PM
i also went up there about a month ago and fished/camped from shore
caught 1 rainbow trout, 3 blue gill, and 2 carp from shore

i will be going up there again soon . If you have any pointers at that lake where to camp/fish from shore i would appreciate it.

thanks

GdHkSet1
07-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Pete,
your a twisted mad man trout slayer-Run to the hills.... run for your life.....! Glad your out again missed your reports from the hills...take care man.

pwynn
07-26-2011, 06:13 AM
Did you fish in the camp ground? if you did the best spot that I know of is the marina point and where hurkey creek comes in. if you are fishing the state side, the second cover then down to bass cove seem to always produce. I would fish a blown up night crawler injected with my twisted tackle secret sauce or pro-cure garlic. in the early morning you can also throw the small thomas bouyant in gold or brown trout. If you rent a boat troll with one of my trout crawler harness's or thread a straight worm or the before mentioned tommy b. This like of the year you are going to want to place a 3/4 oz sinker about 2 food above the bait/lure let your line out and count to 100. that should put you in the target area. the fish the last couple weeks have been anywhere from 15 to 25 feet. but as a rule this time of the year they are 20 to 30 feet deep. the lake turned over so the surface temp when down a couple degrees, but it is already headed back up. good luck
if you need anything thing else go ahead and shoot me a PM

dixoncider
07-27-2011, 04:45 AM
I trolled 3 to 5 colors up at the dam end of the lake. Got bit best on the needle fish. The carp were wide open at the campsite on the hotdog bun with ketchup on it..yes the ketchup was required to get bit...fly-line small piece of bun on 4lb with a #16 treble hook.