PDA

View Full Version : San ant guide trips eddy-ryan-fri-chris-john-sat-two-totally-different-days

TroutOnly
07-24-2011, 11:06 AM
met ryan and eddy friday morning right at six at the south ramp,loaded the boat and we were off.motored to the first area ,dropped the gear,about ten minutes later we get slammed,eddy fights the fish does it perfect, its his first striper ever and the biggest fresh water fish of his life. we work the area for a couple hours for two more of the same size. so we move on ,it was the only hot area in that area of the lake. we hit an area mid lake ,find the bait and work the area for three fish. the area turned off , so we moved off,we just kept searching for active fish. we finally found another area and picked three fish,then it slowed. the bait is getting bigger and so are the bait balls. i was lucky with ryan and eddy they were doing the picture thing today taking pics on ther i-phones and sending them to all there friends and relatives, so i didnt take but three pics, i like that cause then i worry about running the gear and the boat and finding the fish. we got off the water and did a little how to filet striper thing at the cleaning station,the boys loaded up there filets and fish and took off. i just get back up the stairs from the station and theres gerald. we got to have a nice long talk about the lake were the current hot spots were what to look for and so on,i got to talk and gerald got to work on his pie,,,lol,,,he had some desert at the end of the day ,we both got to clean up park and get some sleep for the next days action. 5 oclock came fast after a good nights sleep, as i got up and started getting ready so did gerald. he got lucky the gateboy unlocked the ramp at 530 a half hour early i sat at the dock with my boat waiting for chris and john as gerald disapeared into the horizon headinf for shocks alley. the boys showed up and we were off,we headed towards the alley as we rounded the point heres come the fleet bait boys lure throwing boys and trollers,gerald the striper -ninja got some action and moved on, we didnt see him till the end of the day. the whole day was boat traffic stripers grabbing the rigs giving a a short run and unhooking,nothing but no love,we metered big bait balls with the stripers on them but got nothing but week hits and torn swimbodys, long story short we got the skunk, my first on a guide trip in nearly three years. chris and john knew that happens sometimes, you dont like it but sometimes thats how it goes, now chris gets his next trip at half price thats what a good guide does if the skunk happens, after all i am only human.thankyou eddy-ryan-chris-john,,,,,,,,,,two totally different days out at the san antonio,,,,,,,,,,gerald it was great seeing and getting to talk to you,,,,and im glad my tips helped you up there, considering you drove way longer than i did to go to the lake,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1232ZXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX------------------------------222222222222222222222.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1233XXXXXXXXXXX---------------------1111111111.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0309VVVVVVVVV---------00000000000XXXXXXXXXXX--------------------------------7777777777777.jpg

fishfinder
07-24-2011, 05:01 PM
these striper threads are making me sick. :Explode::Bawling: i cant stand it much more. Got to work 19 days in a row now, :Soap Box: and then i am going to see if my family wants to go camping at san antonio lake. :Cart::Fishing Hole: :whistle:

Geraldlim
07-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Good to see you out there Bob - a familiar face in a far away lake.
I definitely learned a lot from our conversation and it helped me the next day.
What Bob also fails to mention is that on Friday his start was further delayed by doing a good deed helping the gateboy pull his stuck truck out.

crappiemike
07-24-2011, 10:21 PM
nice fish right there keep up
the work..........

cm

laserbrn
07-24-2011, 10:45 PM
I am loving it. Great report. I'm going to head up to San Antonio this week. I'll take off on Wednesday and come back on Sunday. Hopefully I can at least get a taste of these hawg stripers.

fishinone
07-25-2011, 12:25 PM
Bob,

I'm jealous. You get to fish to much!

I think Chris is the lucky one in this report. He'll learn more by fishing with you on a bad day with you throwing the book at them. He also gets to go again.

Shock
07-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Good job out there Bob, but a skunk? from you??? Damn now I've seen it all!!!

Glad to hear the shad are gettin bigger. I hope to hit it again before we wreak Havok on DVL....

Keep killin em man!!!

TroutOnly
07-26-2011, 08:59 AM
JOSEPH,EVERYBODY HAS RODE HOME WITH THE STRIPES ON THERE BACK,IVE GUIDED SO MANY PEOPLE THAT HAD WENT OUT WITH OTHER GUIDES AND GOT SKUNKED,SOMETIMES IT JUST HAPPENS,WE JUST HAPPENED TO GET SNAKEBIT ALL DAY,BUT THATS OK IVE GOT GUIDES FRI AND SUN SO MR STRIPEY IS GOING PAY IN MASSIVE BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,stripersonly, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Which Way Out
07-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Go get em Bob. I love the reports you and Arthur had last year. EPIC fishing.

exfactor
07-26-2011, 08:57 PM
A little humbleness is good for keeping you focused on the goal. You always make sure the group has a good experience on your trips, and that counts for alot. And....... you'll forget all about it the next slay session! Keep up the good work TO

trollmiester
07-26-2011, 09:22 PM
bob thanx for the report and good deeds. You are a hard worker out there.Sea u on the water buddy,

Shock
07-26-2011, 10:20 PM
JOSEPH,EVERYBODY HAS RODE HOME WITH THE STRIPES ON THERE BACK,IVE GUIDED SO MANY PEOPLE THAT HAD WENT OUT WITH OTHER GUIDES AND GOT SKUNKED,SOMETIMES IT JUST HAPPENS,WE JUST HAPPENED TO GET SNAKEBIT ALL DAY,BUT THATS OK IVE GOT GUIDES FRI AND SUN SO MR STRIPEY IS GOING PAY IN MASSIVE BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,stripersonly, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2 more trips? Damn I wish I can get up there...jealous!!!

Kill Em Bob!!! Get that PAYBACK!!!

Geraldlim
07-26-2011, 10:28 PM
All that good karma you have accumulated with all your good deeds last trip is gonna pay back BIG TIME these upcoming trips! Kill 'em Uncle Bob! Big fat ones!

TroutOnly
07-27-2011, 07:20 AM
youre right mike ,sometimes it doesnt hurt to get knocked on youre ***,when you get up it just makes you fight harder,,,,,,,,,,,dont worry gerald theres going to be some striper blood flowing this weekend,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,

edweird83
07-30-2011, 03:23 AM
hi bob its Ed i had a blast. i cant wait to do it again. thanks again for helping me get my first striper

TroutOnly
08-01-2011, 07:18 AM
THANK YOU EDDY AND RYAN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,