PDA

View Full Version : Got them pulled!

smokehound
07-24-2011, 11:03 AM
OwOwOwOwOw.

Got some 500 mg vicodin...

Had a dental sinus infection.

In and out in less than an hour, and I'm eagerly awaiting my narcotics. Drooling all over everything..

old pudd fisher
07-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Good for you smokehound, your my hero. I need some pulled to but I'am a chicken.

smokehound
07-24-2011, 04:53 PM
I was nervous, I always get nervous. I had a whole week to prepare myself though, so it wasn't all that bad.

Actually, my surgeon did a great job! I had a bone graft for free! Nice of them to do that.

Karyn
07-24-2011, 09:25 PM
I really do not like going to the dentist either...I love nitro!!! Hoping you feel okay after the tingle goes away. : )

tacklejunkie
07-25-2011, 12:14 AM
Pho~time!
haha

smokehound
07-25-2011, 12:11 PM
I really do not like going to the dentist either...I love nitro!!! Hoping you feel okay after the tingle goes away. : )I'm okay. I actually didn't even need vicodin today. But I'm still taking one. :LOL:

I have a needle phobia which makes it difficult, but dang. These teeth got infected, and my face blew up like a balloon! Killed my fear enough to get them yanked.

I wish she prescribed 800 mg. :LOL: damnit. She knew I was trying to get high. :LOL:

fishfinder
07-25-2011, 09:47 PM
what do you call some-one who failed medical school...
a dentist..

Karyn
07-25-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm okay. I actually didn't even need vicodin today. But I'm still taking one. :LOL:

I have a needle phobia which makes it difficult, but dang. These teeth got infected, and my face blew up like a balloon! Killed my fear enough to get them yanked.

I wish she prescribed 800 mg. :LOL: damnit. She knew I was trying to get high. :LOL:

All from a sinus infection? WOW! What is the difference between a regular sinus infection and a dental sinus infection? What were your symptoms?
I too have a fear of needles. Heck, the positive is I have never done drugs because of it! When I had my gallbladder surgery, the Phlebotomist was coming in ALL the time to take a platelet count (I lost a ton of blood- and had to have three transfusions of my own blood that I stored just in case)- I hated it! but, because of the blood loss I was weak etc and I could not fight back. My kids said I gave him bad looks every time he came in. I don't remember it. I am usually nicer than that??? It was the worst week ever! Then on top of that, I have RH- blood, and after I had my kids- 3 of them, I had to have these shots because of RH factor. I hate needles too!!! UGH! No thank you !

fish-o-haulic
07-25-2011, 11:44 PM
Phlebotomist? sounds like a person who made up a doctor sounding name so he could take your blood and sell it on the black market. Or the red market as the case may be. LOL

smokehound
07-26-2011, 12:07 AM
The infection began on a front tooth, then an abscess formed directly on the root, it then became inflamed, and then spread to my frontal sinus, there was a massive abscess directly over the tooth in the maxilla (upper jaw).

I was in so much pain, that I was howling on my bed like a headcrab zombie from Half-Life!

it put intense pressure on my septum, and caused intense facial swelling. I felt like my nose was being pushed off center HARD. It hurt so much!!

Karyn
07-26-2011, 09:20 AM
WOW! That is crazy!!! Well, the pressure is relieved now, and you are on the road to recovery :)

I didn't realize it could get that bad, that quickly... so, you got a bone graph- that means you are going to have a perm bridge or cap put in the tooth's place? That part does not hurt. They need something to hold the root stems in place. I can't remember- but I think I had to wait like 3 months? It wasn't that bad, I had a temp where the tooth was- mostly so the tooth did not shift.

Get better : )

Cangler
07-26-2011, 09:43 AM
After getting repeated infections a few years ago , my wife talked me into
getting them all pulled.My dentist did everything for my insurance limit of $1600
I'll never have a tooth ache again !

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff394/cangler1/IMG_1706.jpg

smokehound
07-26-2011, 03:25 PM
WOW! That is crazy!!! Well, the pressure is relieved now, and you are on the road to recovery :)

I didn't realize it could get that bad, that quickly... so, you got a bone graph- that means you are going to have a perm bridge or cap put in the tooth's place? That part does not hurt. They need something to hold the root stems in place. I can't remember- but I think I had to wait like 3 months? It wasn't that bad, I had a temp where the tooth was- mostly so the tooth did not shift.

Get better : ) It's not an actual bone graft, it's this synthetic stuff they use to fill the socket, it prevents Dry Socket, and keeps your teeth from shifting around. I'm thinking of having all my teeth pulled, and getting either dentures, or implants, which are metal screws to attach crowns to. I might go with the implants instead of the dentures, because I dont want pressure on my gums, which can contribute to bone loss in the jaw and maxilla..

old pudd fisher
07-26-2011, 04:26 PM
It looks like dentures for me very soon smokehound, I have just been putting it off. My dad had all his teeth pulled in his late 20's, he is 96 now and still chompin down on meat and stuff with his dentures.

Karyn
07-26-2011, 04:53 PM
I love it! Hey, what ever works : ) Life is good if you can chew! I can not do applesauce everyday... Steak, corn, ribs, artichokes, salad- YUM!!! need I say more? Yep. teeth are good!

Karyn
07-26-2011, 04:56 PM
After getting repeated infections a few years ago , my wife talked me into
getting them all pulled.My dentist did everything for my insurance limit of $1600
I'll never have a tooth ache again !

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff394/cangler1/IMG_1706.jpg

NOT TO BE COMING ON TO YOU!!! however, you do have a nice smile- maybe it's that beautiful fish? I would have never guessed! That looks like a nice little lake; where are you at?

smokehound
07-26-2011, 07:12 PM
It looks like dentures for me very soon smokehound, I have just been putting it off. My dad had all his teeth pulled in his late 20's, he is 96 now and still chompin down on meat and stuff with his dentures.That's exactly why he's 96. I was thinking of getting dentures, but I think maybe I'd rather have implants, that way I can preserve bone. Dentures are bad for the maxilla. They also put strain on the mandible.

I wanna learn how they make these screw-on teeth, so I can make my own.

You could get an amazing smile with implants. However it's lengthy and painful.. Just Do one at a time until you have a full set. Then when a tooth breaks you just replace it with a fresh one. That's what I plan on doing.

DarkShadow
07-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Glad to see you're all right, SmokeDogg.

after getting repeated infections a few years ago , my wife talked me intogetting them all pulled.

not to be coming on to you!!! However, you do have a nice smile.

You know Cangler, now that I think of it, you DO have a beautiful smile. :LOL:

City Dad
07-27-2011, 09:40 AM

X2!!! Definitely not British...

Cangler
07-27-2011, 10:21 AM

X2!!! Definitely not British...

http://www.homeclosefishery.co.uk/

I sure miss this place ..

SH , You should get them all pulled if you are having repeated infections . It's well worth it in the
long run.

DS , Stop touching me ...

cutbait
07-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Sounds like you waited too long smoke. That **** kills people!

Lady Quagga
07-27-2011, 10:52 AM

DS, don't touch him - I saw him first!

Smokehound, I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled at once when my mouth ran out of room. (snicker) Luckily, I had a general anesthetic, but I do feel your pain. Glad everything went smoothly.

City Dad
07-27-2011, 12:30 PM
http://www.homeclosefishery.co.uk/

I sure miss this place ..

SH , You should get them all pulled if you are having repeated infections . It's well worth it in the
long run.

dam, them English even fish classier than us!

DarkShadow
07-28-2011, 09:49 AM

That wasn't me, that was CityDad.

Keep your hair on! Faff off!