PDA

View Full Version : Lp 07/23/11

Kelster
07-24-2011, 08:13 AM
Got there around 6:10 and in the water by 6:30. Foggy and cool air temperature but the water was 78 degrees. Kind of eerie in the water and you can barely see the shore from the tube. Using my new FB 120 I found 10' deep and started trolling. Caught a 10" bass on a Rapala and then a blue gill on, you guessed it, a super duper. It was pretty slow, no shad or other indicators. I headed down to the reeds and then headed across the lake to the other side. I caught this blue gill in the middle, typical size for the day.
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/kelima559/Lake%20Perris/BG072311.jpg
Not much luck on that side of the lake so I drifted from the point across the lake NE. I in the middle I metered fish and pretty much just fished the middle. Caught a couple of bigger BG's but most of the 8"-10". This one had yellow around the gill plate.
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/kelima559/Lake%20Perris/BGwithYellow.jpg
At the end of the day, as I was headed back to the launch ramp I finally caught one on the white crappy jig I was drifting.
Caught 12 BG's and 1 bass for the day, all C&R. They are in deeper water and spread out. I didn't see and shad on the east end and wonder where the shad are now. It will be three weeks before I can get back out there and might have to fish Bernarsconi and the dam. I want to catch some more crappie.
I met Airona 124 in the parking lot. I was leaving and he was just starting.

Airona124
07-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Nice meeting you on the way out

did manage a 8 decent size but for the most part kinda slow and the wind was blowing pretty good

water looked pretty stainded right across the way

TheAsianGuy
07-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Nice job! Looks like that FB120 is working out for you. I'll make sure to tell some of the boys in FNN to check it out if they're on budget, rather than going for the deluxe model. Thanks for the report!

Sublime-Steve
07-24-2011, 11:33 PM
thats a nice redear kelster, see you soon out there buddy

Kelster
07-25-2011, 06:13 AM
I was wondering if that might not be a female red ear.
FB 120 seemed to work on the tube, gave me depth , temp, showed the fish, and what little structure there was. For the price and ease of installation it gets my recommendation.