PDA

View Full Version : 07.18.11 First Lagoon fish

Tomfish
07-24-2011, 12:12 AM
I've been a lurker of this forum for a while, so I finally joined. My first time on the Castiac Lagoon with my new (old) boat was a success. Two 5lbrs in a few hours on the 18th. Didn't see too many other fish being caught that day so the Oregon rig seems to be a safe bet for pressured water. Crazy thing is my outboard wouldn't start on the upper lake so the lower lake was kind of a give-in. Time to rebuild me some carbs!

Both fish were caught in less than ten feet of water on a finesse worm Oregon rig, and they were hooked within 20 minutes of each other. The bigger one was just over 5lbs; smaller one came in at 5 on the dot. Also my buddy took the pictures with my new camera, a Rebel T3 HDSLR. Both fish were CPR'd succesfully.

ZipperWurm
07-24-2011, 06:35 PM
nice fish! what exactly is an "oregon rig"? i've heard of the carolina, drop shot, split shot, texas, etc...

Btbdodgers
07-24-2011, 07:38 PM
nice man!!!!!!

Tomfish
07-24-2011, 07:43 PM
The Oregon rig is kind of a state secret. But if you see me on the lake in person I'll share it. Should be back out this week (just fixed up my outboard) and I'll post another report when I catch some more greenies.

LuckyBasser
07-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Damn state secret, he's not kidding either I Googled it and everything ;-)

ZipperWurm
07-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Damn state secret, he's not kidding either I Googled it and everything ;-)

i did the same with no luck, lol

allIdoIsfish
07-24-2011, 09:13 PM
I did the same as well, LOL

fish-o-haulic
07-25-2011, 12:10 AM
Thats why you use bing. LOL. state secret yea right LOL. i know what is it no doubt, I think.

Tomfish
07-25-2011, 07:54 AM
I know for a fact the Oregon rig is not anywhere on the internet... We've made sure of that. Like I said - in person I'm cool with showing how it's rigged and fished but I really don't want it on the net. Then everyone will be throwing it and I'll lose my edge in Califas.

Surfer
07-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Nice report. I want to get out there soon to fish my Chicago Rig!

fish-o-haulic
07-25-2011, 12:15 PM
I know for a fact the Oregon rig is not anywhere on the internet... We've made sure of that. Like I said - in person I'm cool with showing how it's rigged and fished but I really don't want it on the net. Then everyone will be throwing it and I'll lose my edge in Califas.

Well i dont even want to know what your stupid rig looks like anyway. HMPH. but if your willing to give it to me i can trade for a benjamin. LOL Jk

zero_energy
07-25-2011, 02:49 PM
hey nice fish!
Congratulations!

DarkShadow
07-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Nice fish!

I've been working the Idaho rig for a while.

I knew I was off with my presentation by a few states. :-\

reservoir dog
07-25-2011, 07:57 PM
I normally go with plastics on a California Rig...

B@$$[P][M][P]
07-30-2011, 05:07 PM
sucks, for your fellow fisherman, who usually share... stuff here with other people but its cool. Never heard of it so Im guessing its drop shotting BLAHHH ahhahahahahah.. secrete my *** ahahahaha

Tomfish
07-30-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm down to share the Oregon rig, in person. If you see me on the lake in a raggedy brown 1977 Cajun Special with a 55hp Johnson Seahorse holler at me and I'll even give you some plastics that work well with it. I just don't want everyone and their red-headed stepchild to have unlimited access to it on "teh internets." Then fish will get keen to it and then I'll have to do something crazy like throw those ridiculous 20" trout swimbaits.

As for dropshotting, it's a great tool...if you like throwing what everyone else on the lake is. Heavily pressured fish will bite on stuff they haven't seen as much (or at all). Advantage #oregon

Hitts0n
07-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Yeah I use the secret south dakota riga nd slay lmb !!
Lmao !! Congrats d00d !!

casting call
08-01-2011, 04:47 PM
The lakewood rig seems to always work for me, in any lake , for any kind of fish (pretty deadly for tuna and yellowtail as well as shark).