PDA

View Full Version : Nph 7/21

SeaSick17
07-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Short evening session. I guess I read the tide chart wrong because it was low tide, not high tide. But I still went for it. Fishing was pretty slow. Managed 1 short hali and 2 spotties. Had a huge hookup that was going to be a personal best. Took me for a run and then stopped and it seemed like it was stuck to the bottom. Open the bail to let it run, which it did. When it stopped I closed the bail and the drag went off. 10 seconds later, SNAP!!! I was only using 6lb test. Lost one other fish. It got dark so I called it a night. Total of about 3hrs 45 mins. Sorry no pics.
George

PegLegg
07-21-2011, 11:51 PM
Damn, wonder what you had on. WSB?

SeaSick17
07-23-2011, 09:59 PM
I wish I knew! Could have been the fish of a lifetime

TroutKings3
07-24-2011, 02:52 AM
I fish NPH all the time, and that sounds like it was 99% most likely a bat ray. WSB will give multiple head shakes, while bat rays will run straight and then attach themselves to the bottom and not move. I've had days at NPH where I have hooked 3+ and had to break them off before I lost too much line. Also, almost all the WSB inside the harbor are sub-legal anyways. Nice fishing, I'm just hoping NPH gets a hot bite soon.

Jaysuuun
07-24-2011, 11:13 AM
George, it's good to see a report from you buddy. It's been awhile since my last harbor run. Sorry to hear about the lost fish. It's happened to me plenty of times fishing from shore. :Neutral: BTW have you done any tubing lately?

SeaSick17
07-24-2011, 09:05 PM
naw haven't been out in the tube. How about you? Need to get out again soon. If you are going out let me know and I will see if I am free.
George