PDA

View Full Version : Handmade heirloom blankets/child clothing for sale!

TheMightyGerbil
07-21-2011, 07:17 PM
I didn't know if I should post this is the sales forum since it hasn't anything to do with fishing. If it needs to be moved let me know.

My mother is disabled after multiple back surgeries and cannot work, so to make ends meet this summer she is willing to take 2-3 commission requests for her handmade blankets and child clothing. She only does this once every 2-3 years since it's very time consuming, typically she only makes these things as gifts for family members or for competitions.

She is highly skilled in crochet and has won several awards for her work at the OC/LA summer fairs including Best in Category and Judge's Pick. Some of her large blankets have been auctioned for $300-$400 after the fair's end. Need a gift for someone or just want a showpiece throw for your own living room couch? With a commission you choose pattern, weave variations (loose, tight etc) colors, size and extras like fringing, beading, sewed-on flowers. She can also do baby/toddler clothing with matching bibs and bonnets, baby slippers, recieving blankets for newborns, very elaborate christening gowns, stuffed animals, etc. Got an unusual concept? Sure! She's done some very unique customs like a huge round chocolate chip cookie blanket, goldfish bowl blanket, ocean shore blanket complete with sewn-on seashells, turtle blanket, ladybug blanket with white daisies and more. Right now she's working on a tea party bedspread that has free-standing teacups and saucers - next month she's doing a 'night sky' blanket in dark blue with shiny silver bead stars (big dipper of course) a crescent moon and a black horizon silouette at the bottom with the outline of a farmhouse. :)

Two slots only! If there's anything in the photo gallery you like (that is not for sale) she can always make you another one of the same style. The cost varies based on the quantity and type of yarn (standard, soft spun wool, extra thick, alpaca even) extra add-ons and shipping. A basic 3-5 color adult blanket - large enough for an adult male to fully wrap up in - averages $80 to $125 plus shipping. Beading, fringing, flowers, difficult designs etc will raise the price. (I can get you a cost estimate before you commit to anything, of course.) A deposit is required before she begins creating your item and you will be sent photos of the work in progress. She will do free repairs for the life of the item and detailed care instructions will be shipped with it. If you mind those instructions her work will last for generations; many of her items have become family heirlooms, being passed down from parent to child. I still have the blanket she made me when I was born 32 years ago!

Contact me at Purplesquirrel27@aol.com to reserve your slot or to request a price estimate for what you'd like made. You can view some of her work rhere

http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u72/Purplesquirrel27/Grandma%20Crochet/

fish-o-haulic
07-21-2011, 09:48 PM
those are pretty good. If i had the money for them right now I'd buy one. I might have someone who is interested though.