PDA

View Full Version : Green valley and Big Bear with my boys

pantera68
07-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Went Green valley for the trout and found a 5 fish limit in 2 hrs green pb single hook sliding sinker setup. Boys brought in all fish like little pros feeding line setting hook barbless with preasure on the fish. Saw the Bald eagle bunch of time even seen him get a fish awesome animal. Off to Big Bear 1st time awesome area I wounder why we drive soo far eastern sierras when this area seemed and felt the same.
Fished north shore after telling someone the limit for trout is 5 and seeing 6 on his string and having 2 poles in the water still.Warning this time next time cal tip ?
One gent said the same guy had put some in his cooler all ready glad i didn't see that.:Soap Box: Even my 9 yr old knew the limit and between us could keep 15. never happens just a few for dinner or if harmed barbless single hooks is are choice. Lots of weeds made for lots of fish not coming to shore but still awesome fishery. Hated seeing it abused. sorry no pics I'm sure alot of you know the area can't wait for our next run.:Cool:

Cameron
07-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Wait til his dumb ***** gets at 500 a fish or at least for the first one. & lots of citidiots come up & trash this place just blows my mind. I wanna start following fools home with a bag of trash.

Kelster
07-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Was he a loud mouth guy over at Windy Point? There is a local who always fishes there and always fishes over the limit. Plus he is a loud mouth. Not to paint with a broad brush, but my experience there and at Lake Gregory with locals is that they are the ones with fish in their coolers and a full stringer. I just don't like poachers and people who think that they are owed the extra fish because they live there. I have met MORE locals who are cool then those scumbags.

dkinla
07-21-2011, 10:13 PM
great to hear you had a nice time out with your boys!~ sounds like you've taught them well!!~~~

redondo todd
07-22-2011, 06:49 AM
I wont fish there when that guy is there ,i see his little station wagon and find somewhere else to fish because he has such a BIG MOUTH ..I have seen him take a limit home and come back for more.He needs to be taught a leson by the dfg , Todd.

pantera68
07-22-2011, 08:29 AM
This guy claimed to be from LA. He and friend were in a gold mini van with a dent in the side. Both were Russian and he was pretty calm but his friend only talked in russian:???: and we just stop him from fishin gave the rules and moved into his spot. If we get up there again soon and see this again no matter who, is there a local dfg or cal tip person available? No big mouth person mostly campers from what we saw. My boys will learn keep only what doesn't go back and save for there kids , kids. And last most important clean up after yourself and most times after who ever was there last.:My Two Cents: We have our futures back. peace JB:Cool:

Karyn
07-22-2011, 08:40 AM
Sounds like you are one great dad! Hey, is Pantera after the band, or is it after the car? Or perhaps your last name? Just wondering...

If it's after the car, we should hook up and go cruisin'. I have a 72- Portifino Red. : )

pantera68
07-22-2011, 09:11 AM
The band check notification.

blackberg
07-22-2011, 09:18 AM
nice pantera,

I ve only been up there once fishing, should go back there soon, its nice up there,
need to figure out the lake
-bb

pantera68
07-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Us to Blackberg
Talk to a sporting goods store gent and he said to get above the weeds use a bobber stop at around 20' sliding sinker. I'm thinkin next time use 10lb test main line and min 6lb to 8lb to get over the weeds fish seemed to dive into to them so less fish to shore just have to pump them out feed them line and wait. it's fishin right? also maybe a longer pole. peace

A wise man knows everything, A shrewd one, everybody. :Cool:

Kelster
07-22-2011, 09:45 AM
I wont fish there when that guy is there ,i see his little station wagon and find somewhere else to fish because he has such a BIG MOUTH ..I have seen him take a limit home and come back for more.He needs to be taught a leson by the dfg , Todd.

Yep, that's him. He has ruined more then one beautiful, quiet morning for me.
Pantera@ glad the boys had fun, those are the memories that will stick w/ them for years/decades.

M@M
07-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Nice report, always nice to get outdoors with the kids!..........Wow..that poacher seems notorious LOL