PDA

View Full Version : O.C piers?

jsl
07-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Haven't been out in a while so was wondering if anyone had any reports for Balboa/NP. Any bonito or anything else going on down there? thx

Scott

PersonalBest
07-20-2011, 08:54 PM
I have been at the Balb/Hunt piers a few times in the last 2 week looking for bait for catfishing. As of 3 days ago No Bonito coming close enough to catch at the piers I fished. I know that the deep waters a NP are better for chasing Bonito but I prefer fishing with the locals I know at the other piers. I ended up stocking Mackerel for the catfishing trips I have planned. The mackerel are early morning and medium size at best. Caught mostly on Silver Lure, Mackerel top rigged and Sabiki. There was a number of Croaker, Sardines, Lizard and Guitar fish mixed in my catch also.

I am looking forward to the Bonito. Great fishing! Keep me posted when they run. I love those Bonito when they fight!

smokehound
07-20-2011, 11:00 PM
I suggest trying around the wedge. I see cudas and boneheads there all the time.

Great place to toss some peas out, too.

jsl
07-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Thx guys, much appreciated. I'll check it out sometime next week and post a report accordingly.

Scott