PDA

View Full Version : Cost of penicillin without insurance??

smokehound
07-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Maybe some of you guys can help me out. I had a gnarly sinus infection for the past month, and it spread to my tooth.

I need to know how much penicillin costs without insurance, because google was no help.

The only answer I got was "20-40 dollars", however this is for australia.

I need to get this infection toned-down before I get my tooth pulled. Just basic generic penicillin is all i need.

I'm not looking for dentists or anything, just the cost of penicillin without insurance.

mil sonrisas
07-20-2011, 06:42 PM
not sure how far you are from tijuana, but when i lived in texas it was a short 5 minute trip to the mexican pharmacy and no prescription was needed for anything. if you live really close you can save some cash and not worry about a presrciption. not really sure if you do need a prescription for penicilin though.

angelsfan951
07-20-2011, 06:56 PM
not sure how far you are from tijuana, but when i lived in texas it was a short 5 minute trip to the mexican pharmacy and no prescription was needed for anything. if you live really close you can save some cash and not worry about a presrciption. not really sure if you do need a prescription for penicilin though.

its not available even in tj without prescrition anymore u must have a prescription but i mean the prescription can easily get purchased

angelsfan951
07-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Maybe some of you guys can help me out. I had a gnarly sinus infection for the past month, and it spread to my tooth.

I need to know how much penicillin costs without insurance, because google was no help.

The only answer I got was "20-40 dollars", however this is for australia.

I need to get this infection toned-down before I get my tooth pulled. Just basic generic penicillin is all i need.

I'm not looking for dentists or anything, just the cost of penicillin without insurance.

do u want a hole can or just want a couple pills?

DarkShadow
07-20-2011, 06:59 PM
x2 on the TJ suggestion.

then you can go to Adelitas.

you'll REALLY need the penicillin then.

In all seriousness, penicillin is ONLY available with a prescription in the U.S. That means you'll have to find a doctor to prescribe you some. If you don't have insurance, that doctor's visit is gonna be a nice little chunk of change. THEN, you have to pay full price for the penicillin.

OK, the TJ idea sounds better.

Minus the trip to Adelitas.

smokehound
07-20-2011, 07:06 PM
And the full price would be?

DarkShadow
07-20-2011, 07:25 PM
i pm'd you.

Get me TWO cans!

blackberg
07-20-2011, 07:29 PM
http://www.drugstore.com/penicillin-v-potassium/500mg-tablets/qxn00093117401

-bb

ScottyP
07-20-2011, 07:48 PM
Are you guys serious? Penicillin is available in any PET store.
http://www.amazon.com/Penicillin-Tablets-500-Mg-30/dp/B002QBV18Q
I've been using it for at least 15 years, when needed. It's the same exact thing.

tacklejunkie
07-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Did someone say TJ?
lol j/k sauce.

What is this Pennsylvania stuff anyways. lol!
Are we there yet?

smokehound
07-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Update: Getting MUCH worse. Man i dunno if you guys have ever experienced this, but it's AWFUL.

Just spent the past 15 minutes blubbering like a little girl. If i had weed, this would be alot less painful, URGH.

Anywho, I'm going to a doctor tomorrow morning, thanks for the help. MY GOD THIS HURTS.

I'll pay one of you guys to just sit on a chair and let me beat the crap out of you. :LOL:

blackberg
07-20-2011, 11:03 PM
ive been fighting one for the last 5-6 months, comes and goes, penicillin wont do it. my doc keep prescribing stuff my ins wont cover all the way, about 3-500 per 2 week period. Keflex will probably will help more than penicillin.

-bb

fish-o-haulic
07-20-2011, 11:04 PM
How much are you payin?

fish-o-haulic
07-20-2011, 11:05 PM
If its an infection wont azithromyacin help. my doctor gives me that when i have an infection.

blackberg
07-20-2011, 11:06 PM
oh and some allegra-d seems to help more with the pressure, and reaching sudafed #20 starts to help, gets better after that
-bb

fish-o-haulic
07-20-2011, 11:10 PM
If you have any nose spray that may help too.

WARRIORMIKE
07-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Just go to county or signup for Medi-cal. There are programs out there for people in your situation. Use our government programs, that's what you pay taxes for

smokehound
07-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Yeah I got something worked out already. found a place that will check me out, give me a cort shot, and give me some antibiotics. Then when the infection goes down, they'll rip my tooth out.

Oh god yes, I'm gonna feel incredible tomorrow.

fish-o-haulic
07-20-2011, 11:31 PM
How much you payin to punch someone. What??!!! I got bills to pay too.

Bassnman Mike
07-21-2011, 06:46 AM
Check at Wal Mart, they have a 4 dollar prescription plan. I'm not sure if penicillin is on the plan but they do have other antibiotics.

BTW, yes you will need a prescription

DarkShadow
07-21-2011, 06:55 AM
Good lord man! What are you dealing with?!?!

My love life, my business.

Cangler
07-21-2011, 07:14 AM

We soooo need a STD thread

DarkShadow
07-21-2011, 09:52 AM

OK, you start first!

Lady Quagga
07-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Good lord man! What are you dealing with?!?!

Is that the one about the hooker with dysentery?

I don't think "love" had anything to do with it.

City Dad
07-21-2011, 11:34 AM

Yeah! But it would be worthless without pictures.

Cangler
07-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Yeah! But it would be worthless without pictures.

And i hell don't want to see yours ...

DarkShadow
07-21-2011, 01:03 PM
And i hell don't want to see yours ...

This is what happens when you sleep with the wrong Sasquatch

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LWXibMv4HzQ/Sr2_MDmX52I/AAAAAAAAAGk/LNuoZG6qerw/s400/1057-hairy-face.jpg

smokehound
07-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Nice to see my near death was comical. :LOL:

Update: Still havent had them pulled, taking antibiotics to lessen swelling before extraction.

DarkShadow
07-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Update: Still havent had them pulled, taking antibiotics to lessen swelling before extraction.

Extraction?

All you need is some 80# braid, a bottle of tequila, and a car's bumper to tie the power pro to.

Be a man.

tacklejunkie
07-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Nice to see my near death was comical. :LOL:

Lol another tooth whiner ey?
We went through this with me on here I'm thinking.
I think the dentist is a never ending thing for me.
Toothpains suck however extractions are the best part.
Tell them you are really scared of waking up in pain. They'll wake you up with laughing gas like the boy in the back seat of the dad's car video. This is one time it pays to act like a P****!

I swear that was the best time I ever had playing mario kart on the way to pho 54 EVER! I need to go get extractions more often. The oral surgeons have the good sh*t. I can recommend a good doctor! hahahahaha

Yes I totally went straight to pho and CHOWED. Didn't feel a thing.

tacklejunkie
07-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Extraction?

All you need is some 80# braid, a bottle of tequila, and a car's bumper to tie the power pro to.

Be a man.

One of those SOB fishes in DVL will do the trick too!

smokehound
07-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Lol another tooth whiner ey?
We went through this with me on here I'm thinking.
I think the dentist is a never ending thing for me.
Toothpains suck however extractions are the best part.
Tell them you are really scared of waking up in pain. They'll wake you up with laughing gas like the boy in the back seat of the dad's car video. This is one time it pays to act like a P****!

I swear that was the best time I ever had playing mario kart on the way to pho 54 EVER! I need to go get extractions more often. The oral surgeons have the good sh*t. I can recommend a good doctor! hahahahaha

Yes I totally went straight to pho and CHOWED. Didn't feel a thing. The problem is, I have an abscess, and it caused my entire right side of my face to swell up. I need to take antibiotics BEFORE, because I need this swelling to go down.

It's not that I'm afraid, it's just too dangerous to pull it right now. I'm taking amoxicillin and the swelling is diminishing gradually. The place I found is actually pretty cool. I get to watch cable to distract me. never had that growing up!

fish-o-haulic
07-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Cable is for chumps get real tv, get directv. LOL

tacklejunkie
07-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Ah yes, swelling associated with the infection.
Should clear right up with the medication. Been there done that.
Bubblin' Gums sucks.

I was keen on the dentist a few years back who showed me where to catch my brown trout. lol
I could use another visit soon...

I can't use that direct TV BS.
Lookin' through menus to find the right buttons just to get out of the menus before you can even see what's ont he channel you selected to change channels

fish-o-haulic
07-21-2011, 09:49 PM
A dentist who tells you where to catch brown trout. I think im going to go to the dentist everyweek for the rest of the summer.

tacklejunkie
07-21-2011, 09:52 PM
That is one thing I actually can hook you up with.
He's expensive though he works on older folks mostly and specializes in painless care even though it still hurts.
My oral surgeon rips your face however when you are sleeping and uses the anesthetics to his advantage.
You wake up in a dizzy, funny, whole 'nother world.. read to play mario and eat raw steak bowl noodles doused in hoisan.

tacklejunkie
07-21-2011, 09:52 PM
meh I must be getting excited.. double post.

fish-o-haulic
07-21-2011, 09:58 PM
meh doesnt exactly show excitement.

tacklejunkie
07-21-2011, 10:24 PM
That's what makes it funny muh'boy!

fish-o-haulic
07-21-2011, 10:34 PM
MEH MEH MEH MEH MEH MEH MEH MEH MEH!!! see im excited.

tacklejunkie
07-21-2011, 10:52 PM
Or gay! lol sorry couldn't resist.
Do you have a problem with people who pronounce coolwhip like stewie? haaa ok I'm done.
So wait did you need a dentist or not?
He can find goldens and brookies just as well. Sheesh.

smokehound
07-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Or gay! lol sorry couldn't resist.
Do you have a problem with people who pronounce coolwhip like stewie? haaa ok I'm done.
So wait did you need a dentist or not?
He can find goldens and brookies just as well. Sheesh.Say Cool. "Cool." Now say whip. "Whip"

Now say cool- whip! "KEWL-HWHIP!"

DarkShadow
07-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Wil HWheaton

http://movies.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/wil-wheaton-as-wesley-crusher.jpg

DockRat
08-05-2011, 07:25 AM
I had a great Dentist and Doctor in Mexicali in the 90's.
Worked on the whole family, wife, kids.
You can get fixed up in TJ just avoid the 'On the Border Doctors'
Meds are cheap in Mex. Referalls help but nobody is doing Mex these days.
DR