PDA

View Full Version : LBC Surf with my son

smooshsh
07-19-2011, 11:22 PM
The plan today was to take out my son to do some surf fishing. My buddy who hardly has time to surf fish and fishes with me when he has spare time said he is down to roll. Loaded up around 6ish after work and got to the location at about 6:40. Set up my son on a spinning gear with a big hammer setup just for kicks. My first cast, hali gods answer. 6lb test again since I havent been getting much love on the baitcast gear. Loaded up on a few more while my buddy is still setting up. He ran into some problems with his setup so he decides to go light also. GOOD MOVE lol. He now starts hooking up. I decide to go back to my lure setup on my baitcast. Had a good Launch and on the drop, line straightens out and my rod goes bendo. Faught this thing for a bit with line ripping and fishing going nuts. I handed it to my son to put in work. He couldnt handle so I finish it up. 27 1/2″ Barrie. TOO fun from the surf. Good signs so far since the barries and the mackerel moved in. We continue to hook up on fish but nothing legal. A few bass mixed in again, but way too much people out there so fishing was not comfy at all. Just glad to see my son and buddy out there having a good time. Enjoy the pics.

DockRat
07-20-2011, 06:51 AM
Wow, Nice session. Thnx.
DR

smooshsh
07-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Thanks DR. Hope fishing picks up at the surf. Hunting them big Halis, but no love.

spdtrip
07-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Good job on the catching!

FishinLBC
07-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Nice goin i had a great day there just last week even with the all the people stil great fishin

Catsfordays
07-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Great Report.......Thanks

fish_sauce
07-25-2011, 08:45 AM
Barracudas are always a fun catch on a light surf setup! No legals, but looks like a productive outing nonetheless! Thanks for the report!

Andrew