PDA

View Full Version : Cat box friday 07/15/11, late report

fishfinder
07-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Had to take my son and his friends to Magic Mountain friday for is 16th birthday party. Well I was having no part of that, so I hooked up the boat and dropped them off at 10am. And off to Castaic I go. I hate getting a late start on the lake, but at least I got there.
Had my buddy Bob from work meat me out there at 10:30, and was hoping to get him on his first striper. (yes another striper virgin) Well after an hour of fishing it wasn't looking so good for us, but we thought we would salvage the day and hunt for some kitties with the other 2 rods. Bob was the first to get the big smile as he hooked into a large alley cat. A DD for 10 lbs.
Then He finally got his striper cherry popped...
....and yes there was blood.
MDK (murder-death-kill)
well the stripers never did get in to a good bite, but Bob got 1 more, and I got skunked on the stripers this day. But just as we were pulling in the lines to leave. I feel some heavy weight on my rod. Oh what the............Its a 9.5 kitty to save me from a skunk.

The Cat Box/ 32" cooler

Total catch:
Bob: 2 stripers, 3.0 lbs, and 2.25 lbs, and 1 10 lb kitty
roger: 1 kitty at 9.5 lbs

Filleting the catfish

FiFTyONeFlSHY
07-19-2011, 08:49 PM
I was at the buoy line that day no cats there. Some insight would be nice. What were the cats biting? .
Thanks for the report, Fifty

fishfinder
07-19-2011, 08:59 PM
I was at the buoy line that day no cats there. Some insight would be nice. What were the cats biting? .
Thanks for the report, Fifty

anchovies on the bottem in 70' of water

FiFTyONeFlSHY
07-20-2011, 08:17 PM
anchovies on the bottem in 70' of water

thanks for info, but now I need to buy a fish finder lol

bassmeister
07-21-2011, 01:38 PM
thanks for info, but now I need to buy a fish finder lol

Don't need no fish finder. Do it like the old days. Measure out 70' of anchor rope mark it and then go find the bottom. Even mark rope in 5 or 10 foot increments and the you can fine adjust your depth. But finding an fish finder would be so much easier.