PDA

View Full Version : Stripers vs. My new JAWS ROD! 7/15/11

FiFTyONeFlSHY
07-19-2011, 08:05 PM
The rental got me and two buddies to the buoy line by 6:30am bite was steady but sloow. After lunch we got back to the buoy by 2pm again it was slow but by 4:30pm it popped off. Literally caught most fish within the last hour. Got to test out my
JAWS 7' 2-8lb rod. . . I'm a believer. Great workmanship, awesome performance sensitivity and backbone to handle whatever. :Surprised: will add more pix when I figure out how to convert other photos.

see you out there Fifty

BIGBASS MB
07-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Awesome!!!!!!
Now that's what i'm talking about....

TimelessFSR
07-20-2011, 09:23 AM
WOW! Hope someday I'll have a trip like that...great job! BTW...where did u get ur jaws rod at? Thx!

reservoir dog
07-20-2011, 10:54 AM
DAYUM!!! Now there's a catch...good job FiFTyONeFISHY

SDDave
07-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Wow, that pretty darn WFO to get that many fish by 6 o'clock nice job, where were you, still down at the BL ? A bite like that gets me and I bet a few others pumped up for some bait and wait!

TheAsianGuy
07-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Dang! Fish slabs for a few days right there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

FiFTyONeFlSHY
07-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the great replies. . . and yes I was at the buoy line. (when in doubt the buoy line) If you think my catch gets anyone pumped check out the 32.5lber someone caught LOL you might not have seen it SDDAVE. ahaha

As for the JAWS fishing rod I got mine @ezsports the closest spot I found on their link. They're great. . reasonably priced for this type of composite and workmanship.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get to Elizabeth Canyon on a rental? I see reports of good catches that way, but I wouldn't know where to start. Is there a buoy out there or should I bring my anchors? Any advice would help. Thanks in advance
Fifty

SDDave
07-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Yeah man that fish got us pumped up, I hopefully find out what that fish had in it's gut, I'd really like to know, I wish I'd taken the fish from Dave.
Elizabeth is about the same distance as the bouy line, and there's nothing to tie up to so anchors are needed as they are at the bouy line, they will ticket boats for being tied up to any bouy!
As far as spots around Elizabeth if you have a portable fishfinder located the schools is best.

FiFTyONeFlSHY
07-22-2011, 02:49 AM
Yeah man that fish got us pumped up, I hopefully find out what that fish had in it's gut, I'd really like to know, I wish I'd taken the fish from Dave.
Elizabeth is about the same distance as the bouy line, and there's nothing to tie up to so anchors are needed as they are at the bouy line, they will ticket boats for being tied up to any bouy!
As far as spots around Elizabeth if you have a portable fishfinder located the schools is best.

That beast had at least 2 trout in it gut and 1/2lb of shad. :LOL:
Definitely gonna check out Elizabeth Canyon next time around. Never knew what to expect and didn't want to waste time.
Thanks for the info Dave . . Fifty