PDA

View Full Version : any help would be great

outcast16
07-18-2011, 07:18 PM
hey guys was wondering if anybody could give me some pointers we fish stripers in fresh water all the time and a buddy wants to take his center console (20ft) out of any local bays (new port, long beach,oceanside or anywhere in the area)any tips?????????

Ambassadorhawg
07-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Fish the Federal Breakwall in L.A. Harbor/Long Beach. Check the weather report because it is key that you fish the outside if possible. It's alot like striper fishing/F.W. bass fishing with lures. You can fish it day or night. You will catch fish on the inside but it's MUCH better on the outside. Position your boat a long cast away off the breakwall and cast toward the rocks. Fish downhill with your baits. Experiment with colors, leadhead weights/sizes/types. Lots of snags so bring tons of swimbaits/jigheads. Some guys cast crankbaits parallel to the rocks. A trolling motor is a necessity here for proper boat positioning. We fished it today for a few minutes from a sportboat while they loaded up on livebait from the net boat. It was pretty much a bite/fish a cast for the few minutes we were there. The boat you describe is perfect for this. You can launch at Cabrillo Ramp in San Pedro.

TUNAVIC
07-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Great info,you can also launch out of Davies launch ramp out of LB,at the end of the 605fwy,and follow the suggs of Ambassadorhawg.

DockRat
07-19-2011, 07:04 AM
Look for the boats in a group and they will be sitting on the Sandbass. Horse Shoe Kelp, HB Flats.
DR

outcast16
07-19-2011, 08:30 AM
Thanks for help guys when we get back I will let u no how we did. Any other tips would be great.

CastMan
07-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Hey Outcast16 me and my brother in law are gonna start doing the same thing so maybe we'll see you out there sometime? Hey can't wait for a detailed report of you day fishing!!!

oakboy
07-19-2011, 03:08 PM
I've heard out of dana point can be good. There is a recent thread on here about a guy that went out and slayed them on a PB. Good luck!

<><
KP

oakboy
07-19-2011, 03:10 PM
I've heard out of dana point can be good. There is a recent thread on here about a guy that went out and slayed them on a PB. Good luck!

<><
KP
here it is...

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?58877-Out-of-dana-point-not-far-great-fishing