PDA

View Full Version : Getting my boat registered in California

Reellady46
07-17-2011, 08:42 PM
I have a boat that is registered in Idaho. I mailed in the boat registration application and proof of ownership over 4 weeks ago, still have not received anything. How long does this usually take??

TheAsianGuy
07-17-2011, 10:37 PM
It's a pain to get your boat registered by mail. Been warned by a lot of people. Always best to do any DMV activities by appointment at the local office. You're in and out of the office in 30 to 45 minutes top with appointment. I registered my toons by appointment as adviced, and I was in and out in around 38 minutes.

Reellady46
07-18-2011, 11:19 PM
I am finding this out now...grrrr I work 8 to 6 during the week. I thought by doing this by mail it might be easier. Taking some time off tomorrow in the morning to go.

Thanks

bassgrabber1
07-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Easier at AAA autoclub!

TheAsianGuy
07-19-2011, 02:25 PM
Easier at AAA autoclub!

Same amount of time, and sometimes, longer than setting an appointment at the DMV.

bassgrabber1
07-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Not in my experience....AAA I have never had to wait more than 20 minutes.

blackberg
07-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Same amount of time, and sometimes, longer than setting an appointment at the DMV.

even if it is, I rather wait at AAA than at the DMV

-bb

TheAsianGuy
07-19-2011, 03:58 PM
even if it is, I rather wait at AAA than at the DMV

-bb

Wouldn't we all want to wait at the Alcoholic Apes Anonymous rather than at the Demented Mall of Victims? :LOL: It's true that it's nicer to wait at the AAA facility. Much better hang out, but limited on what they can do for their clients when it comes to registration. For my toon, they just sent me running since I don't have the proper paperwork (like my toon actually has the paperwork like a large boat). DMV, stinkville, moved me from point A to point B without any problem, of course, with all the DMV docs properly prepped.

Reellady46
07-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Didn't mean to cause a ruckus. :Nut Kick: :ROFL:

fishinforbait714
07-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Nice meeting you! Nice boat!!!

Tightlines

DockRat
07-22-2011, 05:42 AM
DR Tip of the month;

Walk in to the DMV at 4:50 - 4:55 right before they close at 5.
For some unknown reason DMV workers really kick it into gear after 5 pm. Lol
15 to 30 minutes and your done. Works every time. I never do appointments.
Appointments take too long. Never liked AAA for doing registrations either.
DR

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc276/BigG703Va/dmv.jpg

TheAsianGuy
07-22-2011, 02:13 PM
DR Tip of the month;

Walk in to the DMV at 4:50 - 4:55 right before they close at 5.
For some unknown reason DMV workers really kick it into gear after 5 pm. Lol
15 to 30 minutes and your done. Works every time. I never do appointments.
Appointments take too long. Never liked AAA for doing registrations either.
DR

Just be careful though. They do things fast, doesn't mean they do things accurately. My wife did that once, and ended up have to return again later because some idiot didn't register our new car and her driver license correctly. They marked her hair as blond (visually her's black), eye as brown (when it's blue-green), and our car is definitely wasn't a Honda (it was a Hyundai).

Reellady46
07-22-2011, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE=TheAsianGuy;565415]Just be careful though. They do things fast, doesn't mean they do things accurately. My wife did that once, and ended up have to return again later because some idiot didn't register our new car and her driver license correctly. They marked her hair as blond (visually her's black), eye as brown (when it's blue-green), and our car is definitely wasn't a Honda (it was a Hyundai).[/Q

lmao!! hahahahaha