PDA

View Full Version : Been out of the game for a while and need some help

so cal shaggy
07-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Hey guys, I have been out of the lake game for a long time. I have focused mainly on saltwater, stream and river trout for the last 25 years. My nephews are now finally at the age that they can enjoy fishing and I am looking for some lakes to take them to. When I was younger my father and grandfather would take me to all the lakes in OC and we always caught fish and not just barely legal but some of them would be toads. I remember being a kid and all of the city lakes around my parents Greer, Huntington Central (both lakes used to hold fish and were full year round) Carr, Mile Square and Eisenhower held good populations of all species of lake fish but recently when I took my nephew to Mile Square the only thing we caught was a turtle. I was disappointed to see that the lake had changed and that there was not as much life in it as there used to be. What happened to the local city lakes that has caused them to be devoid of life? I remember going to these city lakes and always seeing schools of various baby fish species, crawfish, frogs or tadpoles, various water insects and mosquito fish in every one of them now there are barely even ducks in some of them. I also remember not seeing many turtles either but now at every one of the OC lakes I see lots of turtles, what has caused the large populations in turtles these days? I am just looking for a local OC lake to take my nephews to so they can catch their first fish and if it could be a lake where I caught my first OC fish it would be even more memorable for me.

Mrborohachi
07-29-2011, 04:40 AM
go to JDMtackle.com in garden grove, plenty of badd *** JDM fresh and salt lures there

smokehound
07-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Hey guys, I have been out of the lake game for a long time. I have focused mainly on saltwater, stream and river trout for the last 25 years. My nephews are now finally at the age that they can enjoy fishing and I am looking for some lakes to take them to. When I was younger my father and grandfather would take me to all the lakes in OC and we always caught fish and not just barely legal but some of them would be toads. I remember being a kid and all of the city lakes around my parents Greer, Huntington Central (both lakes used to hold fish and were full year round) Carr, Mile Square and Eisenhower held good populations of all species of lake fish but recently when I took my nephew to Mile Square the only thing we caught was a turtle. I was disappointed to see that the lake had changed and that there was not as much life in it as there used to be. What happened to the local city lakes that has caused them to be devoid of life? I remember going to these city lakes and always seeing schools of various baby fish species, crawfish, frogs or tadpoles, various water insects and mosquito fish in every one of them now there are barely even ducks in some of them. I also remember not seeing many turtles either but now at every one of the OC lakes I see lots of turtles, what has caused the large populations in turtles these days? I am just looking for a local OC lake to take my nephews to so they can catch their first fish and if it could be a lake where I caught my first OC fish it would be even more memorable for me.What? Laguna Mile square, and tri-city are still excellent lakes.