PDA

View Full Version : Lnl 7/16

DynoDan
07-17-2011, 01:09 AM
Ok so we hit the lake around 5pm. We try some spots nada. So I look to the other side of the lake and notice that's were the shade is forming so we head there. I get 2 cats at r first spot and another 2 at the next spot just up the shore line. So it's dark and the bit died so we head to the island and I get another one right off the bat. Then boom another but it snapped at the boat. A friend of mine hits one and it's about 5lbs. Then 10 o'clock comes and we take the boat back. We hit the shore for the last hr. 20 mins in boom fish on it pulling drag like crazy straight out to the middle of the lake under the boat dock. We stall for like 30 sec then he's starts pulling my drag at will my rod now looks like a ultra light set up. I was running like 8 pound test this fish just pulled till my line snapped. He must of pulled 50 yards plus. It felt like my line was rubbing on something maybe the dock I'm not sure but this fish had it's way with me. I've never hooked up to someone that strong in fresh water. So fish count was

2 - 3lbs cats
3 - 2lbs cats
1 - 5lbs cat

2 - missed snapped line

Fish on!