PDA

View Full Version : 7/13 lake cuyamaca

Frequent Flyer
07-16-2011, 04:07 PM
hit up the lake at 6 rented a boat and uncle started off with a troll while i was rigging up. few hits on the troll so stopped and drifted. next few casts resulted in non-stop action on trout. all dfg i caught 10 uncle 3. moved throughout the whole day with no more trout but about 30 crappie for me and 2 for uncle
i was using drews custom worms black and pink suspended below a bobber with bite on-garlic
uncle was using kastmasters, rapalas, and othr lures

etucker1959
07-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Any size to the crappie?

Frequent Flyer
07-18-2011, 03:49 PM
1/2-1 1/2. move around if ur not gettin bit. everything released

seal
07-18-2011, 04:27 PM
1/2 to 1 1/2????? Cuayamaca use to be all about the 1/8 to maybe 1/4 lbs.. Good to hear they are getting bigger! Oh and based on your screen name surprised you used trout worms, the crappie and trout will hammer fly's there.

Frequent Flyer
07-18-2011, 04:32 PM
yea ther wer a few slabs mixed in ther n yea i just got the name off a shirt. tryin to get into fly fishin tho lol

Totempole
08-06-2011, 06:03 PM
sorry for bringing this tread back alive. but couple questions. are there still trout lurking in these waters around this time?
best area for catfish? and is this lake catch and release only?

thanks

-tOtem

dixoncider
08-06-2011, 06:44 PM
yes on the trout, only socal lake the stock all year with trout, catfish not sure best spot, caught them most anywhere from shore on night crawlers and no its not catch and release..great place...

Jake'sDad
08-06-2011, 08:34 PM
You can catch trout year round but August is probably the slowest month of the year. If you can wait til mid September or later the fishing will be a lot better. Catfish seem to be scattered but I would try the northeast corner of the lake - either by the dike or the jetty. Or ask the permit lady where the cats are. The lake is actually no catch and release except for smallmouth bass and undersized sturgeon neither of which one is likely to hook into. Despite the lake rules, many anglers do release their catch. Cuyamaca is my favorite lake to fish, but I tend to have poor luck there in late summer.

crappiemike
08-06-2011, 10:16 PM
a pound and a halfer's at cuyamaca!!!!!!!!!!

got to see it to believe it.... lol,,,

thnx for the report;

cm