PDA

View Full Version : Alamitos bay Bass Bashin' 7/15

FishinLBC
07-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Took my gf son fishing yesterday around the house since he lives in ohio he doesnt get to spend time around the ocean :Crying: (i would die). We went out with a bag of chovies and some 4" hammers in pumpkin, started out very slow. As the day goes on i get a couple small croaker n a bass and rays. Right about noon the bass bite goes wide open.

Fish were jumping like 5 feet out from our spot in large #s. They were chassing lures like i have never seen in the salt. AMAZING! At one point the kid is reeling in a lizard fish when this absolute toad comes out of the deep n eats the lizard and manages to hit the hook sticking out the first fish LOL AMAZING! Turned out to be a an almost 5lp calico the only one of that model for the day... so nice.

After the bite slowed down an hour and a half and about 25 bass later i went to check a rod i had soaking n forgot about. reelin it in i find a 21in hali just exausted from tryin to get away i assume, he was dead set in the jaw n was not goin anywhere till i let hil lol. Almost had dinner DAMN.

Finaly left after a seagul or a cat not sure, stole most of our bait but we didnt care the bass is where it was at anywhoo.

We were tired, hungery, thirsty, sunburned (i look like a tomato today :ROFL:), and extremly happy with the best day in the salt i have had in a couple years.

ALL FISH CPRed and sent home hurtin.
thanks for the read will post photos later if i can get them to show up

FLBC

Lucky Lager
07-16-2011, 03:08 PM
nice job puttin' the kid on some fish!

thanks for the report

jerr-dog
07-18-2011, 01:10 AM
Yes very cool. Thanks for the report.

CastMan
07-18-2011, 02:13 AM
What a great day of fishing for a kid from Ohio that's never seen a 5lb. Calico! Good for you FishinLBC!!! I'm sure he'll remember that forever! Great job!

Newfishsmell
07-18-2011, 06:07 AM
Great job in the bay , wtg out there !

murrieta angler
07-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Always nice to get in on a wide open bite of any type of fish.
Robert
<><

LBSea
07-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Great job out there. I have lived and fished in Alamitos Bay area for 15 years and I have never seen a 5 lb. Calico in Alamitos Bay. Where you fishing the Marinas or Naples? I guess alll those little bass I have let go over the years have finally started to grow up.

FishinLBC
07-22-2011, 07:25 PM
off 72nd st i think it was following what ever were makin the sandies go crazy. i have never seen one that big not on a boat i thought my scale was off

JapanRon
07-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Hi FishinLBC,

Nice job on the Bass. Must have been a Ball !!

JapanRon