PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach 07.14.11

.:LOLLY:.
07-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Woke up pretty early today for a quick sesh before work. When I got to my location the tide was lower than I like it at this place. Shrugged my shoulders and fished it anyways. I felt like a mad man trying to get as many casts as I possibly could in half an hour. I found out it's pretty difficult to maintain a slow retrieve when you feel rushed.

About half way through, the scenery and serenity kicked in and time was no longer an issue, I felt at one with myself.

I cast out and let my lure hit the bottom, as I am bringing in my line I start feeling some tension. I set the hook and it feels like I set the hook on the floor :Embarrassed: but then my rod tip slowly starts to come back up on its own. Whatever it is, it isn't the floor. I start working it in but feels like dead weight. I have to keep working it since I am only using 6# line. It gets close and I am finally able to see some color. It was my personal best Start Fish :Cool: at about 12". As I get closer to pick it up from the water my right foot starts to feel a little moist. I looked down and my entire shoe is submerged in water :LOL: and it was coming in through the shoe lace area.

All in all got one Star Fish and one wet foot.

Not bad for a quick sesh!

lovefofish
07-14-2011, 01:12 PM
NIce! better than getting to work early?

07-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Yup, I'll be out there again tomorrow.

headcase881
07-14-2011, 05:01 PM
thank for the climax but your ending failed fish report please

Newfishsmell
07-15-2011, 05:58 AM
Nice way to start the day.
Better luck next time .

fishshep
07-15-2011, 07:07 AM
thank for the climax but your ending failed fish report please

You did not fail anything !!!
You got on the sand and cast for some
fish :Smile: If you did not catch a fish, Oh, well :???:
Next time :Wink: At least you succeeded to try :Smile:

07-15-2011, 08:43 AM
Today was better than yesterday! Will post a new thread.