PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Last Sun-Mon 7/10&7/11

M@M
07-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Fished off the dock in Boulder Bay....... Put in approx. 8hrs..... ended up keeping 8 crappie 7-10in.........did about the same two weeks ago but in half the time, plus 2 nice rainbows.......beautiful place....... Lots and lots of people coming and going on the docks......hope to find some different spots to fish....a boat would be nice:LOL:........sorry forgot to take any pics...........all fish caught on crappie jigs

Tfisherman
07-15-2011, 03:32 AM
thanks for the report, Big Bear is a beautiful place to fish

Kelster
07-15-2011, 06:09 AM
It's been at least a month since I've been up there, chasing BG's at Perris. Thanks for the report, I need to get back up there.

Crismateski
07-15-2011, 09:25 AM
I was also up there on sunday. I anchored on the point just outside of boulder bay, had 3 pan size trout and lost a fourth (no net) at the boat. I was there about 3 hours, all 4 hit on a power mouse on the retrieve.

going to try and get back up there this weekend if the nasty sunburn has died down by then

TheAsianGuy
07-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Very nice! What colored jigs did you use?

M@M
07-15-2011, 05:01 PM
thanks for the report, Big Bear is a beautiful place to fish

Thanks, Your right it is a beautiful place!

It's been at least a month since I've been up there, chasing BG's at Perris. Thanks for the report, I need to get back up there.
That's really where I want to be , chasing the Blue gill at Perris!!.........Soon I hope.

I was also up there on sunday. I anchored on the point just outside of boulder bay, had 3 pan size trout and lost a fourth (no net) at the boat. I was there about 3 hours, all 4 hit on a power mouse on the retrieve.

going to try and get back up there this weekend if the nasty sunburn has died down by then

Nice job on the trout........I'll be there again this Sun/Mon after the crappie again.

Very nice! What colored jigs did you use?

Small Flouresent green curly tails, green/white and red/white crappie jigs seemed to work best......but the bite wasn't very consistant so I was trying a variety of colors.