PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been out of S.D for tuna lately?

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
07-11-2011, 03:26 PM
FNNers.....
I've been reading the landings daily reports of tuna caught, has any FNNers been out there yet?
Next week I'll be going on a 4 day trip on the Searcher for my annual birthday tuna trip. The 3 day trip I booked for last weekend was cancelled because of lack of anglers and I re-booked for next weeks trip. Owner/operator Art Taylor graciously offered my buddy and I either a 4 of 5 day trip at no extra charge to compensate for the trip cancellation. WHAT A GUY ! ! ! I've been on the Searcher many times before, maybe that's why the gracious offer.
I just want to know if any FNNers have been out there for tuna yet and want to know the pertinent info like hook and line sizes and jig and trolling lure colors. I just about have everything but I may need to stock the tackle box with extras. You never feel like you have all you need for a multi-day tuna trip when you leave the dock.
Thanks in advance for the info and I'll definately post a report of the trip later.

TTFM

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
07-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Hmmmmmm, guess no FNNers have made the venture...........CHICKENS ! ! !
J/K, can be an expensive boat ride if no tuna are caught....but tuna fishing is always a hit or miss deal.
I'll be sure to post a report after returning or you can read the report at the Searcher site........
http://searchersportfishing.com/
TTFM

Hometown
07-14-2011, 08:46 PM
maybe if the tuna arnt biting you will fish san martin?

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
07-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Homey
I don't know Art's plan for the trip if no tuna willing to bite. Could go to San Martin, could go inshore, no clue.
Hopefully this full moon will get the tuna motivated.
TTFM

flytyingreloader
07-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Lots of medical crapola has kept me off the salt entirely this year. Which SUCKS. I don't range out to blue water, but enjoy inshore and middle distance stuff. Hoping to get out early or mid-week.