PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night Tournament

Hog Caller
07-11-2011, 12:40 PM
First off, I would like to say it was nice to finally meet Megan, Matt and the rest of the Last Chance crew. Great bunch of people and very helpful. Met a lot of nice and very cool people as well. Caught 6 nice fish, but not big enough to bother weighing in. Just shy of 5 pounds was biggest.

The downer was the was the cluster$%#* of the weigh in and getting all of the boats out of the water. Most people were trying to be courteous and careful, BUT there was one ********* in a red and grey Ranger that I would like to pound into the dirt. Everone was being cool dropping of their riders and backing out calmly EXCEPT di%^head, he had to punch his 225 Merc in the crowd and slam into us, very nearly knocking me out of the boat in front of the other boats with the lightstands blinding them and dinging my buddies boat that hasn't had a scratch in 8 years. Thats NOT a very good situation to be in. He never said sorry or even looked back. So whoever you are you can go F$#K yourself. I threw our fish in at the ramp and left to avoid a scene at weigh in waiting for this prick. I was ready to crush his neck.

That was my first and probably last tournament. You can have that crowded, competitive , rude crap. I'll stick to fishing for relaxation and fun.

Brent

HawgStalker
07-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Theres one in every crowd huh bro! I fished one season of San Diego WON Bass back in the late 90's and hated every week of it, fishing for money can turn people into real punks! Thats no fun at all! Sorry to hear about your buddies boat... that sux!

TroutOnly
07-11-2011, 02:34 PM
THATS TOO BAD BRETT,,,,,I GET THAT ALL THE TIME WITH NO TOURNEYS GOING ON,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,

Bassman1974
07-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Sorry that happened, not all the tourney guys are that way. I know I'm not so just remember that not all tourney guys are that way. And I'm glad you were the bigger man and did not make a big scene, it must have been hard to bite your toung.

Greg Springman
07-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Everyone is right.....money can change people when it comes to fishing, or really anything else. But $%#holes are just that! $%#holes! Some people are just that way, and by not "crushing his neck", you showed an extreme about of patience and maturity on your part. That person is not worth the time, and especially the $$$ he would sue you for after you dominated on him! Maybe he pays more taxes than everyone else on this Planet!
Brent, you sound like a person I wouldn't mind fishing around..........

Karyn
07-11-2011, 07:49 PM
You all sound like a great bunch of guys.

When you wake up in the morning and like what the person staring back at you is all about and stands for, you are the real winner. I always remind myself to cut off the handles to the baggage, and let it go. Move on... LIVE! Live a joyous, happy life.

Brent- you sound like a really great man.

AbsolutePig
07-11-2011, 09:28 PM
I would have smacked him personally......especially if he damaged my boat.

Hog Caller
07-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the support guys. I do have to say that everyone EXCEPT for that guy were really cool and I did have a lot of fun meeting people and talking to different fishermen. I hope next time I will have a better experience and make it all the way through the weigh in without any issues. I look forward to meeting the rest of you guys in the future.

T/O, you must be talking about Pyramid or Castaic in the summer. I hear ya on that. What a freaking zoo!

Brent

Fusionwerks
07-12-2011, 01:45 PM
I was there too and i agree it was a cluster at the end. And i Know exactly the guy you were talking about, he pissed me off too! I was a single and had to tie my boat off to go get my trailer, and i was having a panic attack leaving it down there while everyone was circling around. I saw it get hit at least twice by someone putting thier boat on the trailer while i was waiting in line to get back to the ramp. There was another Yahoo out there that came all the way from the west dam flashing his million candlewatt floodlight every 30 seconds. I have decided that it was worth it to be able to fish DVL at night, but the next time in August, i will be returning to the launch ramp at LEAST 30 minutes prior to the first flights check in time.
My only complaint about the whole night was the 5 mph restriction after dark. Granted I understand why, and i dont think they should let you go 25, but 15 would have been nice. I felt like i was on a rental again. It took forever to get anywhere.
All in all, i had a blast, and i liked the price, the people, and the fact that i didnt have to be a member. Thank you Last Chance for the opportunity to fish after dark!

Geraldlim
07-12-2011, 02:04 PM
I think Mr Spotlight did not realize he was blinding everyone else. When I shot back MY million candlepower spotlight after being blinded the umpteenth time he stopped flashing his:)

Hog Caller
07-13-2011, 08:55 AM
I think the lightstands at the ramp should be aimed a little differently as to not blind the incoming boat drivers. Very hard to see going into the ramp. If I would have fallen in, I'm pretty sure nobody would have been able to see me in the water. Or cared for that matter :)

Brent

BentRod
07-13-2011, 02:33 PM
yeah, even though my boat got hit by that chuckle head, it was a fun night. Thanks Last Chance. Jim