PDA

View Full Version : great day at creekside lake ! 7/10/

Eddiem
07-11-2011, 12:27 PM
decided at about 12 to go to the private lake inside our community mainly for some bluegill, red ear, and bass. I did get what went for but also another suprise! while fishing for bluegill nd bass with a power worm caught a huge catfish ! a good 15 minute fight on my ultra light and 2lb test ! i was wondering if anyone knows why a bigger catfish would be literally was trying to attack it and biting it while i was bringing it in ? were they trying to mate ?

Cameron
07-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Thanks for sharing them beauties with us & a well done on the cat

Natural Lefty
07-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Catfish are known to bite on lures sometimes. I have actually caught several bullheads on jigs incidentally while fishing for Crappies. That's a big fish to land on 2 pound line. Good job!

The catfish probably bit for the same reason that other fish bite a power worm. The fish was hungry, and the power worm looked/felt/tasted good so it went for it.

AngryAgent
07-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Catfish are known to bite on lures sometimes. I have actually caught several bullheads on jigs incidentally while fishing for Crappies. That's a big fish to land on 2 pound line. Good job!

The catfish probably bit for the same reason that other fish bite a power worm. The fish was hungry, and the power worm looked/felt/tasted good so it went for it.

I think he meant that another catfish was trying to bite the catfish that he had hooked while he was reeling it in.

Sublime-Steve
07-12-2011, 06:27 AM
id say the other catfish was pissed cause his buddy got a " good " meal and was trying to get it. kinda how birds do

goodguy
07-12-2011, 07:19 AM
^^^^This^^^^ The bigger cat was trying to swoop in on his meal...