PDA

View Full Version : Upper Castaic shore fishing

verbalhologram
07-11-2011, 12:10 PM
I usually do some night fishing and float tube the lagoon but I almost never go to the upper. Can anyone give me any tips on shore fishing the upper. I'm even willing to do some striper fishing if it's good, though I've only fished for striper once

eggot
07-11-2011, 05:09 PM
pm sent...

fishfinder
07-11-2011, 05:36 PM
I usually do some night fishing and float tube the lagoon but I almost never go to the upper. Can anyone give me any tips on shore fishing the upper. I'm even willing to do some striper fishing if it's good, though I've only fished for striper once

WARNING: once you start catching stripers yu will be hooked and find it hard to fish large mouth anymore

fish-o-haulic
07-11-2011, 11:27 PM
warning: Once you start catching stripers yu will be hooked and find it hard to fish large mouth anymore

heard that!!! Lmao

661Bass'n
07-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Fishfinder that is 100% correct, I have not fished for LMB the past 2 months...!!!!

verbalhologram
07-12-2011, 10:52 AM
thanks for the info, and I've gone striper fishing once and I ended up renting a boat with my dad at Pyramid. We caught over 20+ stripers by the dam and I remember how all the boats were tied up to each other and someone ended up falling out of their boat lol, this must've been over 5 years ago. I had a blast but I understand that it makes a huge difference while on a boat, so I just never fished for them again since I usually troll for trout when renting boats.

fish-o-haulic
07-12-2011, 06:37 PM
You couldnt rent boats at pyramid 5 years ago.

Reellady46
07-12-2011, 06:41 PM
I am hearing fishing is pretty good at Castaic right now..Heading that way this weekend. Do you know how the fishing is at Pyramid?

fishfinder
07-12-2011, 06:50 PM
I am hearing fishing is pretty good at Castaic right now..Heading that way this weekend. Do you know how the fishing is at Pyramid?

i will be heading to castaic for friday fishing. heard pyramid is doing good from boat for some people

Reellady46
07-12-2011, 07:03 PM
i will be heading to castaic for friday fishing. heard pyramid is doing good from boat for some people

I was hoping to get out there Friday, If not heading there Friday evening, fishing Saturday. Tight lines fishfinder!

verbalhologram
07-13-2011, 11:07 AM
You couldnt rent boats at pyramid 5 years ago.

I said over 5 years ago, I don't really remember, must've been when I was high school so probably more like 8 years