PDA

View Full Version : Skunked shoreline @moonlight 7/9 ; anyone else??????

BALLERONBUDGET
07-10-2011, 09:25 PM
low turnout it seemed. nice bright lights from launch ramp but where's all the fish ?????:mad: first 100yrds of dam and cliffside with no fish seen..... called quits at midnight for long drive home..... how did everyone else do??

dkinla
07-10-2011, 09:36 PM
:Crying: yup yup same here... it was our first time going to this moonlight fishing. We were about half-way across the dam.. and I only saw one guy catch one striper to the left of us on a nightcrawler. I had 2 lines with cut sardines and 2 lines with nightcrawlers out there... did manage to get 2 bites that didn't stick.

Definitely hardly any fish by the dam last night, but... at least the weather was cool and was great to just relax for a few hours...

better luck next time I guess!

fishingboysdad
07-10-2011, 10:47 PM
ditto for me. my son fell asleep round 11 and we left at 12..i only had 1 bite ALL NITYE THAT WAS ROUND 9:30

fishingboysdad
07-10-2011, 10:49 PM
yup 1 guy to the left of me and 1 guy to the right of me caught 1 each.i was in the middle and didnt catch anything..oh well it still was a good nite out with my son...he loves to fish

yolo
07-11-2011, 05:18 AM
Darn it. I thought the stripers feed at night :Smile: . I heard the boat guys didn't fare much better.

Slick Rick
07-11-2011, 08:29 AM
I metered plenty of good groups of fish around 30 ft. down in 80 ft. of water. about half way down the left arm of the lake. Can anybody confirm seeing similar from the fish finder?

Dropped my bait about 28 ft or so and also down to 72 ft. as I saw a group or two down that low as well.

Tried Sardines and Anchovies on rigs from 5 lb. test to 20 lb. test and everything from fly lined bait to 1/4 oz -> 1 oz. Caroline Rigs and 1 oz. to 3 oz. on Dropper Loop setups.

It sucked seeing them and having no takers because I didn't want to move around too much with the limited time we had to fish.

ETA: I also tried 3", 4", and 6" swimbaits for nada while both casting and on the troll.

Hitts0n
07-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Skunked also.....I got a strong bite in about 2 minutes after I casted.I thought I kicked my pole and
started watching my pole and another nibble.I went to set the hook for nothing.Had a total of 6 bites all night but
nothing.2 slow night fishing session.The next 2 will be the ticket! A slow night bite indeed.Going back for revenge
thursday morning !!

laserbrn
07-12-2011, 07:02 AM
I pretty much trolled the entire time and got skunked. I metered up loads of fish near the main ramp and up around the bouy line. They were all about 20-30ft deep and in huge schools. Seemed like they were chasing bait, but they sure weren't buying what I was selling. It was pretty frustrating seeing so many marks on the meter and just no takers at all.

Slick Rick
07-12-2011, 08:14 AM
I pretty much trolled the entire time and got skunked. I metered up loads of fish near the main ramp and up around the bouy line. They were all about 20-30ft deep and in huge schools. Seemed like they were chasing bait, but they sure weren't buying what I was selling. It was pretty frustrating seeing so many marks on the meter and just no takers at all.

Bummer you didn't have any takers... but it is good to hear you metered fish at the same depths as I did. It was my first trip with the new fish finder and I was wondering if it was working right.

Thanks for the info.

-Rick