PDA

View Full Version : Lake Hume

GETBIT!
07-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Hi New to thissection of the forum being i stay in so cal right now, Anyway I'm going camping with my girlfriend and her family up to Hume lake she said she's seen people catch fish up there im guessing trout any one have any luck on lmb's crappie blue gills? Any hot baits would be aPpreciatedto:Cool:

GETBIT!
07-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Looks like I'm going into uncharted territory,leaving Monday Letch y'all know how I do:Thumbs Up:

fishmounter
07-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Sorry..This is too late for you, but there are some Sacramento Perch in there that will hit small crappie jigs. Got a few nice ones last summer walking the shoreline.

Natural Lefty
07-19-2011, 08:57 PM
I have only fished Hume Lake once, but once is better than nothing and that was only 3 years ago or so, in October. (Gosh, I have fished a lot of different places.)

I tried a bobber and fly, didn't catch any, then handed my pole to my wife, who promptly caught a nice Rainbow. After that, I think we both started catching small Green Sunfish on both flies and worms, but all were small.

I heard a long time ago that Sacramento Perch had been stocked there, but they often get driven out by competition with other fish and whatever I have seen about Hume Lake never has mentioned it having them, so I figured they had died out. However, Fishmounter definitely knows his fish species and those "Sacramental Perch" (California's unique sunfish species) were stocked there, so I believe they have survived. That makes Hume Lake a more attractive alternative next time around.

There are also known to be large Brown Trout in the lake, and some trout in the inlet creek called Tenmile Creek, too.