PDA

View Full Version : Parking then biking in at Lake Perris...?

carpanglerdude
07-10-2011, 03:13 PM
I was told by a Park Ranger at Lake Perris that it was ok to park outside the north entrance and bike in on the Via Del Lago road (closed to vehicles). Has anyone done this? If so, where do you like to park? The ranger mentioned parking at the grocery store, but has anyone done this before?

Thanks-pm's work too!

Sublime-Steve
07-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Lemme know b4 you go ill drive u in with ur bike if u want.. or u can ride with me

Kelster
07-11-2011, 06:50 AM
Years ago, and I mean years (15-20) I used to Mtn. Bike at Perris. I would park outside of Bernasconi and ride in. If there was a Ranger on duty they never said anything. You should probably call Lake Perris SRA and ask if there is an entrance fee to bike into the park. There is a shopping center before the north entrance, not close but not far away.

tacklejunkie
07-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Been biking in MoBeach lately no troubs on my flatland bike.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/Perris%20Camping%206-29-2011%20to%207-7/DSCN9205.jpg

tacklejunkie
07-11-2011, 06:56 AM
There is no fee to enter the lake via bicycle.

tree
07-13-2011, 10:11 AM
No problem to bike in! You could walk in if you wanted to, but that'd be a pretty distance to walk.

tree
07-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Been biking in MoBeach lately no troubs on my flatland bike.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/Perris%20Camping%206-29-2011%20to%207-7/DSCN9205.jpg

Damn! cool looking bike! Let me know next time you ride in. I'll join you on my fixed gear.

carpanglerdude
07-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Lemme know b4 you go ill drive u in with ur bike if u want.. or u can ride with me

Thanks, will do!

I ended up parking outside of the MoVal entrance and biking in, down to the marina. Ugh. Probably won't do that again.

I've biked in from Bern, much easier route.

tacklejunkie
07-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks, will do!

I ended up parking outside of the MoVal entrance and biking in, down to the marina. Ugh. Probably won't do that again.

I've biked in from Bern, much easier route.

That's where the low gearing and "pumpability" of the flatland bike come in.
I get up that hill on Mobeach without even standing up on my flatty. Pedaling is easy with that tiny 22 tooth sprocket!
Then I can pump it on level ground so I don't even have to pedal once I get over the hill and start jamming down the other side. When I'm at the bottom of the hill I pump the rest of the way, no pedaling!

It's a blast to pump the sidewalk at Perris. It's all curvy while it goes through the lots and I look like a slalom skier haulin atts down the trail.

Fixed wheel (locked freewheel?) would be tough! I have a freecoater hub in this thing. $1500 bike.. every square inch of it is custom.

Sublime-Steve
07-17-2011, 07:10 AM
Hey TJ does your dog go ballistic when u catch a fish?

tacklejunkie
07-17-2011, 07:53 AM
Yeah he's pretty cool he starts getting all excited when the bass jump lols.
Those are cool little dogs. Smartest dog I ever seen. I have him trained to do like everything already. Last thing I'm working on is "roll over" and "wait".. so when I go through the door he doesn't run through my feet and trip me. lol

He's really cool man I got waaaay too lucky with that little guy. For once..

Sublime-Steve
07-18-2011, 12:42 AM
That's kool man I wish i could bring mine fishing.. there just 2 big..

tree
07-19-2011, 07:40 AM
Fixed wheel (locked freewheel?) would be tough! I have a freecoater hub in this thing. $1500 bike.. every square inch of it is custom.

It's a track bike with horizontal dropouts and a fixed gear. pretty much no freewheel/coasting. cranks turn, your feet turn. My gearing is decently low, like 39t, but 22 is RIDIC. lol.

Lets go!

edit: yeah i saw the paintjob and the cool looking down tube top tube combo and figured it HAD to be a badass custom made bike. Looks sick dude.