PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 7/10 Stripey is on the move

P.A.W.
07-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Mr. jailbird has been in the deep end lately by the bouy line and mainly taking 'chovies and sardines. Soooo I've been doing the bass thing pretty much and watching for boils, which have been carp mostly. Well, today I decided to relax and do some bait n wait and picked up some 'chovies on the way in and headed straight for the inlet. No boils.... zero. Nothing on the fishfinder either. I saw a couple of guys land a small striper or two, but I wanted more than the 12" 1lb class. I trolled the entire bouy line watching the graph and found NOTHING! The deep water was deserted.

I then slow trolled the mid lake looking for baitballs..... again nothing. Got to the east end where things start to shallow out to 20' or so. Bingo! Topwater action until almost 10:30. I saw schools of those rats (juveniles) chasing my jerkbait too. Not 50 feet from my boat there was a familiar silver yellow tailfin whacking the water so I threw at it. 1st cast and fish on. 26 incher. Now that's more like it.

It's pretty much good news, bad news in that it might take some doing to fing the linesides, but the bigger ones are comming out to play and the best part is they are hitting topwaters. Woohoo!

jnitrobass49
07-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Good job paw for putting in hard work at skinner.it does pay off hope to see you soon out there.

JAG107
07-10-2011, 08:56 PM
nice job paw, good to hear they're out there somewhere. Totally weird they're all up in the shallows for this time of year (as far as my short experience goes anyway)

Slater
07-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Great report, and i am stoked some nicer models are showing up. I'm headed out for a paddle in the next few days, and will give an update on what I find. Topwater biggins - I love it.

P.A.W.
07-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Hey JAG, I haven't been into the east end because of all the salad back there so I don't know if there are any stripers there. They were crashing around the entrances to both the north and south "east end arms". Does that make sense? They are not only moving but moving fast. Big difference from the LMB that are holding to cover and structure.

TroutOnly
07-11-2011, 10:28 PM
THE SHAD GO SHALLOW ,SO GOES MR STRIPEY,PATRICK I THINK ITS TIME I COME DOWN AND RANSACK THE LAKE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,

P.A.W.
07-12-2011, 08:08 AM
....And the water shall run as bloooood!!!

TroutOnly
07-12-2011, 09:13 AM
LOL THATS FUNNY PATRICK ,BECAUSE I USALLY LEAVE A BLOOD TRAIL FROM THE CRIME SCENE,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

P.A.W.
07-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Hope to run into you out there Bob. I need your opinion on my U-rig setup.