PDA

View Full Version : SAN ANTONIO/,,a DOUBLE DD,,,,Soooo close!!!

trail blazer
07-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Arived just before dark,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,splashed the boat,,,,park,d the trk and ,,oooooo noooooooooo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Right when gatblood set the park brake the break cylinder on the L/rear wheel blew out,,,,,:mad:,,,,BREAK FLUID EVERYWHERE,,,,,,,o well ,,,we,l cut tomarrows session short to begin the hillbilly repair session!

Headed out,,,,,,,,,,,,1st spot,,,,,,,,,,,,FOUND,M,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Huge school,s of bait ,,surrounded by LOCKJAWD striped hawgs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Tried and tried,,,,,,,,,,,,,,couldnt get them to open there friggin mouths,,,lol.

So off to striper alley and shocks alley for some more recon ,,,,,,,,,,,,,only seen 1 big meatball,,,,,,,couldnt find any schools of fish to speek of over there so figured id make 1 more pass over by BAKO BOY BOAT RAMP,,,

And thats where this finally happen,d,.

Came around a little point,,,,marked a big school of bait on the tip,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,8 seconds later i get MEGA SLAMED!!!ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BIG TIME

On the STRIPER/ONLY special,,,,Bako boy costomised,,,,TROLL RIG,,,,,,,,,,

Weve been trying for awhile now to build a rig that we could land a DOUBLE ,,,DOUBLE DIGIT hookup on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1 always breaks off leaving you wondering how big the 1 that got away was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT THIS TIME!!!!!!!!Finally!

Kicked the boat out of gear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AND STILL,,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

By now he<they>had a good 200 feet of line out on me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,gat blood got the other lines in and we began gaining line back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Didnt know it was a DBL till got them boatside,,,,,,,,,,,,Thought i seen 2 fish just as i was seeing color,,,,,,,,,,could it be????? A DOUBLE DD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Now for the next step,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Netting 2 stripers with a total of 4 feet of leader between them,,,2 big ole FAT san tone pigs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THANK YOU for the quality net CUTBAIT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THIS ONES FOR YOU!

Gatblood managed to get the 1st 1 head 1st into the net,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2nd one was alittle harder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pictu re this

2 toad stripers hook,d togather with 4 feet of line between them,,,,,,1 in the net and the other 1 absolutely not willing to eccept the same fate,,,,,,,,,,,a fully loaded net trying to catch up with ANOTHER 10lb striper,,,,,,,,,,,with me standing up in the boat TOTALLY STRESSING OUT,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Finally,,,GA TBLOOD won the chase,,,,,,,,,,,,2nd striper in the net,,tail 1st even,,lol

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1st 1 weighed was the bigest======10.3 lbs

2nd 1 ???????????????????????????????????????????,,,,9 .5!

SO CLOSE

Maby next time for a DOUBLE DD

Here is the pic!

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/102_0073.jpg

Im going to stop there with the report and leave you with this,,,,,,,,,

SAN TONE RULES,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BOB,,,,,,,S/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Great to see ya there again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Your feesh were TRUE HAWGS,,,,WOW!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Congrats!

TRAIL BLAZER

By the way,,,,,,,check out gatblood,,,lol

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/102_0074.jpg

OUT COLD,,,,,LOL

TroutOnly
07-10-2011, 09:18 AM
T/B IS WAS GREAT BEING GREETED FIRST THING IN THE MORNING WITH A COUPLE HARDCORE STRIPER KILLERS,,,LOL,,,MAN I CANT BELEAVE WE DIDNT KILL THEM IN THAT ZONE IT WAS LOADED WITH BAIT AND FISH, I QUESS THE MOON SIGN SHOT US DOWN,THAT WAS A BUMMER ABOUT THE TRUCK ,BUT BY YOURE HILLBILLY MAJIC YOU GOT IT FIXED ENOUGH TO GET YOU TWO HOME SAFE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,,,,,

MikesOcean
07-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Wooowzer tb!!!

Nice haawgz!!

Now bob's gonna show his pics and rub it in!!

I took a detour to your neck of the woods.

Next time i am grabbing a big mug of coffee,...................
......and hitting cruise control. Haha

congratz tb you deserve them big boy!!!

cutbait
07-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Great job guys. Sounds like a fun trip!

Thats some good fish!!!

Your gonna have to indulge the story a bit about how you guys fixed that brake cylinder that blew when it hit the water. May help someone else out in the future! Shear Brilliance!!!

Nice hats BTW....

Wingnut
07-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Well done Bako Boyz, those doubles are a handful... we've lost a fair share of them.
That lake is starting to heat up. :Twisted:

Shock
07-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Them some pigs for sure!!! Sucks about the brakes but you were rewarded by the fish gods!!

Keep at em CB!!

tacklejunkie
07-10-2011, 03:37 PM
A double DD would be too good to be true! haha
Very close man! Good work.

trail blazer
07-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Great job guys. Sounds like a fun trip!

Thats some good fish!!!

Your gonna have to indulge the story a bit about how you guys fixed that brake cylinder that blew when it hit the water. May help someone else out in the future! Shear Brilliance!!!

Nice hats BTW....

hERE,S WHAT WE DID,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Remove the hard line from the broken wheel cylinder,,,,,,,,,,,whittle a splitshot<lead> into just the right size to just barely fit into the break cylinder where the line just came off of,,,,,,,,,,,,re attach the hyd line and tighten the line back up really tight so as to collaps the lead into a perfect plug,,,,sealing off that break line and leaving the other 3 working perfectly,,,,,,,,,,,,WORK,D THE 1ST TRY:Big Grin:

Didnt leak one bit all the way home,,,,,,,,,,,,suck,d though,,,,,,,,,,,would have loved to have fished with S/O therest of the day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maby could have gotten in on some of those 16 and 18 lbrs with him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but,,,,,,,,,,,had a trk to fix

trail blazer

trail blazer
07-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Wooowzer tb!!!

Nice haawgz!!

Now bob's gonna show his pics and rub it in!!

I took a detour to your neck of the woods.

Next time i am grabbing a big mug of coffee,...................
......and hitting cruise control. Haha

congratz tb you deserve them big boy!!!

Sooooooo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MIKE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,How do you like our little canal?????

AND,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Those 2 charachters you brought with you,,,,,,A LITTLE SHADY the both of them!!:Wink:

yolo
07-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Nice stripers TB. That gatblood sleeping pic is begging for a sardine or anchovy insertion LOL. Would have been classic!

stocker
07-17-2011, 05:56 PM
Sssssiiiiiiccccckkkkk!!!!!!!