PDA

View Full Version : Epic fishing at Channel Islands Sporftishing Center

CI Sportfishing
07-10-2011, 08:18 AM
The word Epic seems be used daily around here. It has been EPIC! Daily counts of White Seabass, some up to 60lbs, for the private boaters, Overnight AND local boats. Record breaking Halibut up to 67+lbs! The Calicos are biting great, rockfish continues to be steady. Throw in all the other variety that the waters around here have to offer and GREAT fishing happens! Not to mention how beautiful the Northern Channel Islands are. We here, in Southern California, are very lucky to have this resource so close to enjoy.

Just go fishing, somewhere, anywhere!

Here's to tight lines and happy fishing!!

TUNAVIC
07-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Thats Amazing!Thanks

JapanRon
07-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Hi CI Sportfishing,

Wow .... pictures tell a good bit of the storoy !!

JapanRon

pineapple express
07-10-2011, 10:43 PM
hhhmmm.... I'm over due for an CI adventure. Been awhile.
Mahaloz for sharing and getting all of us fired up ><> ...!!!

The Fish Whisperer
07-13-2011, 01:57 PM
hey im going for the first time this saturday..what set up is proper for this type of fishing..im more of a freshwater fisherman so i dont have much experience in salt water..what type of hook and weights are used here?

pineapple express
07-13-2011, 11:55 PM
hey im going for the first time this saturday..what set up is proper for this type of fishing..im more of a freshwater fisherman so i dont have much experience in salt water..what type of hook and weights are used here?

you can use a 20-30 lb outfit. usually a dropper loop set up with a 1/0-4/0 hook depending on how big the bait is. lead/torpedos from 2oz-6oz. you can never have too much lead especially if the current is ripping and get hung up on structure. seen guys using up to 10oz. hope this helps... best of luck and we look forward to your post and pix of your trip. oh... and get ready to be hooked on salt water fishing too !!! some of these fish pull hard.
pe

russ88
07-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Geez sick bite.... Hope i can get out next week. I want a piece of that action! Great job with the exotics!!!