PDA

View Full Version : Recon ..recon...recon...

keepemlo
07-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Well it's been awhile since I posted,I didn't want to post perch..anyway ..went to Newport just to look around and lo and behold..it seems like I have located a pretty good spot as I saw 2 short halibuts in the surf there ..the surf was pretty busy with3 1/2 to5ft swells ...I did arrive pretty late..throwing lcs..(thanks wing nut) no takers..felt good to be out in the surf ..moved on watching the surfers have a good time ,stoped at a harbor put on hammer.pow!small sand bass! Released to grow for one of you guys to catch when he's able to rip drag..very happy about the spot..will post a greylight excursion there ....till then .....later

Wingnut
07-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Seeing short Halibut in the surf is a GOOD thing... where there are shorts, there are legals! :Wink: You'll get them soon. :Cool:

lovefofish
07-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Its funny you say that because I was there today and saw a big ol' sngf

keepemlo
07-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Copy that's the first tit seeing anything in the surf ,I look for baitfish etc....almost there!,,

smokehound
07-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Its funny you say that because I was there today and saw a big ol' sngfThere has been a massive shovel swimming around there lately. Im sure the one you saw is the brute that snapped me. It comes around the pier at night, and never gets close enough for the snaggers!

Edit: it didnt spool me. :LOL:

keepemlo
07-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Hey bro...I never hear of people fishing the evening tide,in the surf why is that ?anyway I'll hit Newport ,then start coming north and sniff around redondo and palls verdes...what about nighttime lcs in the surf!!!????