PDA

View Full Version : Ghetto rig

reservoir dog
07-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Just for kicks for all you FNN'ers, what's the MOST GHETTO RIG you've seen being used???

- Was at the Pudd one day and this idiot decides to fish like 5 feet away from me and he was spraying WD40 on hotdogs while fishing for catfish when it wasn't even catfish season.

- Was at another lake and saw a kid using a carabiner as weight in a drop shot setup...LOL!

LET'S HEAR SOME OF YOUR STORIES...

blackberg
07-08-2011, 04:37 PM
IDK, when I'm feeling a little Ghetto, Ill hold my rod sideways, glock fotay style

-bb

Ifishtoolittle
07-08-2011, 04:40 PM
A hook and kite string. I managed to catch a carp that way.

eggot
07-08-2011, 05:25 PM
IDK..its pretty hard to top the coke bottle + 80lb test setup that I've seen people use while lake fishing.

christainmetalhead909
07-08-2011, 05:46 PM
ive used the bait catchers the sabikis and put a piece of night crawlers or mack on each one of the hooks for cats and it raped!!!!! haha kinda ghetto!!!

eggot
07-08-2011, 10:00 PM
ive used the bait catchers the sabikis and put a piece of night crawlers or mack on each one of the hooks for cats and it raped!!!!! haha kinda ghetto!!!

Lol that sounds pretty legit actually.... I think its illegal though in most lakes haha.

CraigH
07-09-2011, 03:06 AM
A long time ago I was fishing Hesperia lake and 4 guys came up and started fishing next to me. Obviously only one had paid because he was using rods and reels while the other three were using line on bottles or cans and would bring all those in and hide them when the lake staff came by with clipboards to check everyone. Anyways, they had heard minijigs and powerbait were good for trout so they were putting the minijigs on about a quarter ounce round jighead, packing a ball of power bait around the minijig, then throwing them out and letting them sit on the bottom.

TheAsianGuy
07-09-2011, 07:30 PM
IDK..its pretty hard to top the coke bottle + 80lb test setup that I've seen people use while lake fishing.

Oh hell no! You want to try this rig like mine? 7-up bottle, fill with a few metal bearings for rattling effects. Tie a 50# test, and space every five with a 3 feet leader downward using different baits to tempt all types of fishes. Find a good downwind, and toss the bottle out into the water and let the bottle get dragged for about 100 feet, with a total of 75 hooks.

Don't worry, it wasn't anywhere in the States. It's back in my old country. 46 out of 75 hooks with fishes. Can you imagine the fight to haul that freaking line in, with each fish range between 3 to 7 lbs?

Sublime-Steve
07-10-2011, 08:13 AM
The bug guy @ a private lake i fish @ showed me his set up.. all he had was a pole.. sharpened a paper clip and bent it into a hook form and found a lil plastic worm on the ground and caught a few large mouth :-)

smokehound
07-10-2011, 06:05 PM
The bug guy @ a private lake i fish @ showed me his set up.. all he had was a pole.. sharpened a paper clip and bent it into a hook form and found a lil plastic worm on the ground and caught a few large mouth :-)Hah, that's cool.

reservoir dog
07-11-2011, 10:50 AM
The bug guy @ a private lake i fish @ showed me his set up.. all he had was a pole.. sharpened a paper clip and bent it into a hook form and found a lil plastic worm on the ground and caught a few large mouth :-)

Now that's some MacGyver sh*t or was it MacGruber? The paper clip...such a universal weapon!!!

TUNAVIC
07-11-2011, 08:44 PM
When we were kids or lets just say younger,we used to fish the rocks and cliffs below Marine Land,Palos Verde area for you young guys who never heard of Marine Land,anyway we used to use frozen peas,and spark plugs for sinkers,because you lost so much tackle in the rocks,we caught alot of opaleye perch,and even a few Calicos,and some other kinds of perch also.Spark plugs for sinkers,I think that qualify's for ghetto.lol

Bassmaster Bob
07-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Yesterday at Laguna lake 4 guys using deep sea poles with a large sinker at the bottom with a shark size treble hook just above the sinker, they would throw out across the lake and rip back trying to hook fish on the bottom. And they were also not shy about casting feet from you so I gave them their room not wanting to get that hook anywhere near me.

DarkShadow
07-12-2011, 01:39 PM
i think the best was going on the matt walsh, and having some guy get on with 2 Miller Lite cans with 50# mono wrapped around both, a handful of spark plugs, and a pack of snelled 2/0 bait holder hooks.

NOW, im pretty sure if the fish were not at 80 feet, the guy *COULD'VE* possibly gotten a few to go, but because it was one of those, "We'll be fishing for sand dabs today, so feel free to tie on your 8 ounce weight, and get ready to catch 2 ounce fish!" days, needless to say, the guy's 20 yards of mono wasn't sufficient enough to get down to the prized 'dabs.

At the end of the day, the dude filled his gunny sacks with scoops of sardines and anchovies left over from the bait tank.

Score!