PDA

View Full Version : lunker punker or spro??

kingfish2
07-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Looking to add one to my arsenol tomorrow while at my version of Disneyland. Anyone have a preference?

DarkShadow
07-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Spro what?

kingfish2
07-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Bbz-1 swimbait

DarkShadow
07-07-2011, 08:39 PM
What are you gonna be using it for?

With a Lunker Punker, you're limited to fishing it on top only.

With the BBZ, you can cover more of the water column, as they come in several sink rates.

The choice is yours. You can get with this, or you can get with that.

kingfish2
07-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Ha that's what I was thinking hoping to get stripers with it.ill take any bass.

tacklejunkie
07-07-2011, 09:07 PM
BBZ slow sink is good for beginners.
Plunker can be discouraging if you're learning.

Depends on if you're on shore, what rod and line you have, where you're fishing... All kinds of things.
Easiest just to say slow sink BBZ an some patience.

Better learn to change out your hardware and line up if you're going for stripey too.

bassmeister
07-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Get both then your covered.

AbsolutePig
07-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Dude.....get the 9" Plunker and ROF 10-12 Hudds........Hudds will out fish the BBZs and they are cheaper. Also...like Tackle said, if you don't swap out the hardware, don't bother fishing them. A heartbreak ready to happen! FIsh the big baits if you want big fish. I consistently fish the smaller BBZ's, on the floaters, and I nail 3-6 pound LMB's. Good luck!

kingfish2
07-08-2011, 08:55 PM
im fairly new to the fishing thing as an adult. fished a lot as a kid.(actually caught way more fish from age 8 to 17, than i have as an adult). did the alaska thing twice as a young teenager, as a perk for playing hockey for the right people. i love the sport of fishing and have got a son of my own now that im trying to get to have the same passion for it. .. but i dont know what the best stuff is now. when you say ROF 10-12 Hudds where do i get them?. i bought the spro. and i hope it works. ill take all advice and hope to fish with some of you guys and learn a lot more in the future.

Bassnman Mike
07-09-2011, 06:31 AM
Various tackle shops, Tackle Warehouse, Bass Tackle Depot carry them but they are not sponsors here.

tacklejunkie
07-09-2011, 08:23 PM
.Hudds will out fish the BBZs
Each one will do better in certain situations.
I've had days the BBZ outfishes the hudd and days the hudd outfishes the bbz.

Don't worry, those BBZ's work wonders despite being overly heavy and somewhat deadened on swim action.
They look great and do a nice dance when you jerk them around.

I like to modify mine to be mostly silent. the joints make enough noise.
Fish still hit it with the clunker in the tail though anyways.

This mofo spun me 360* on my pontoon. Almost fell in the drink. One of the better rides of my life.
This was a slow sink, I used to burn subsurface when I saw the huge bass chasing the trout. The trout was running for it's life flying out of the water skidding across the top. I threw out my lure. First cast, no go. Trout were still running, I casted again. Got a huuuuge surprise while standing up and was instantly laid on my @$$.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/Perris%20Swimbait%203-11-08/DSC_0035.jpg