PDA

View Full Version : Lp 7/6

d1LedHed
07-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Got out late again - there was a boat sitting on the spot I've been fishing for a week. Noel and I trolled outside 20+ FOW, metering tonage of shad and lots of bird activity. Water was mid 70s to start got up to uppper 70s before 11:00 when we quit.

Same story - lots of pigs - more females than males on this outing. Release rate was waaaay up. Males are going in to nest. Been breaking off some toad fish. Noel had the 2 best of the day - on 10.5" and a 10.75" also broke off a real chunk bass on the jump.

10.75"

10.5"

Going to call this pattern automatic

SirBluegill
07-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Way to Go! You guys have been killing them all week. I got me some crickets and will be heading out there tomorrow and hopefully catch/photo/release a hog of a gill :) I checked out that website and jig tying looks interesting, the possibilities are endless in what you can create. Is there a cricket jig? That would save me a lot of money from buying crickets lol.

Kelster
07-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the report, I'll be out on the float tube Saturday on the other end of the lake. Looks like the pattern hasn't changed much the past couple of weeks. Next year I have got to get a fish finder, for now I'll just have to troll on my tube to find the schools.

tagg27
07-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Great job! Nice gill pigs. Can't wait to get back on the lake. Next week, Maybe. I think I'll tell the wife the boat is drying out. Yeah that should work.lol.... Way to go guys

fishmounter
07-08-2011, 12:02 AM
d1LH- Looks like Noel is outfishing you! Bummer with fish breaking off... those have got to be pigs. Are you guys getting any fish on the BS jig or are you getting most on the rubber leg deal? Any REs biting?

d1LedHed
07-08-2011, 10:30 PM
fm - been using Tectan 2lb test, hitting bigger fish, but dropping more as well (the trade off). It's still a toss up between the BS and rubber legs. Getting lots more guthooks with the smaller rubber legged jigs.

REs are still around. Pretty sure the one vc posted for his 7/8 report is a hybrid. Been seeing alot of hybrids in the south west end this year.

tagg27 - it might get tougher next week - gills are on or heading to beds now.