PDA

View Full Version : Where to shore fish at Lake San Antonio???

LGHT
07-07-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm heading out to Lake San Antonio for my yearly camping trip. I usually camp for 4-5 days and stay at Harrah's Creek. Several years ago the lake was full and the fishing was great, but the last few years it seems the lake has dropped about 20' in that section and the bite was no wear to be found. Since I don't have a boat i'll be shore fishing for bass mainly, but I have caught a few small cats.

Anyone have suggestions on shore spots close to Harrahs Creek or if that spot is dead any other suggestions? I can always drive over to another part of the lake if needed.

Just don't want to go home with a skunk on my back AGAIN this year.

DarkShadow
07-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Water is extremely high. So high that some shoreline is inaccessible and you'll have to battle with shrubbery in the water if ur casting from shore.

snospdr
07-07-2011, 09:31 PM
I'd suggest that you work the shoreline at dawn with topwater lures, until 8 or 9, then hammer it again from 6 until dark. After dark, put out anchovies for catfish. Also, shad have been up lately, so fishing around the launch ramp docks with live shad or rattletraps could work for bass.
Let us know how it goes!

LGHT
07-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the tips. I have some mackeral for cats, but any suggestions on a few good top water lures? I will admit I haven't fished a lake in a few years and my gear consist of a few basic fake worms. I did recently buy a frog based on the cool you-tube video and a fake dragon fly, but have yet to get them wet.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.