PDA

View Full Version : Southern Cal pm trip 7-6-11

Mr.DieHard
07-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Had the day off today so decided to go with a friend on a half day trip. We bought our tickets and watched the boat arrive. We didnt see to many people with fish getting off the boat, bad sign. We went out and targeted calico bass. There were about eighteen people on the boat and only a few caught fish. I did not catch anything and my friend caught a short one. Not a very productive day but it beats working. It was a beautiful day to be on the water.

MR. J
07-07-2011, 01:21 AM
I was going to jump on a 1/2 day boat later today but I've been keeping an eye on the counts. It's been slow up and down the coast. So I guess I won't be heading out until next week. Hopefully things improve in the next couple days. Thanks for the report.

DockRat
07-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Bummer.
DR

JapanRon
07-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi Mr Diehard,

Well ..... if you stand up for your board name you'll go whether the fishing is good or not !! Right ? ;)

Await your next report and ........ better luck next time !

JapanRon

MR. J
07-07-2011, 11:04 PM
i spoke too soon about what I said yesterday. I should've just gambled and went out anyways. the cuda seem to be biting again and the bass are slowly but surely starting to show. oh well. I got me a lot of catfish bait instead.

Ifishtoolittle
07-09-2011, 09:14 PM
A day out on the water is always better than one at the office. How was the Mackerel bite lol? Those little basstids are pure fun when everything else is on lock jaw.

Git R Done
07-12-2011, 02:50 AM
It looks like the temp is cooling down so the bite might too. They do have a great crew working the so cal. Ill give em props any day