PDA

View Full Version : What is your catfish set up

Perris Bluegill Chaser
07-06-2011, 04:58 PM
im looking to buy a new pole and reel..please show pictures if you have some....no zebco lol

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops&-x00ae;-MegaCast&-x00ae;-Metal-Round-Baitcast-Reel/product/44657/-940619?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT

is this a cool reel for the pay lakes

blackberg
07-06-2011, 05:26 PM
bait cast or spinner?
bullhead sized or trophy flathead sized?

-bb

Perris Bluegill Chaser
07-06-2011, 06:40 PM
bait cast or spinner?
bullhead sized or trophy flathead sized?

-bb

bull head size

DarkShadow
07-06-2011, 10:44 PM
For bullheads, you'll be ok with that reel, although it might be a bit overkill. If i'm not mistaken, bullheads rarely get over a pound or two.

Channels? Sure.

Perris Bluegill Chaser
07-07-2011, 04:02 PM
For bullheads, you'll be ok with that reel, although it might be a bit overkill. If i'm not mistaken, bullheads rarely get over a pound or two.

Channels? Sure.

thanks.. im after the channels at the vine

blackberg
07-08-2011, 04:23 PM
I just got a Penn Slammer Liveliner and 9ft Ugly Stik, people are catching up to 30# striper with that reel on the other coast. Wanted another multipurpose combo. will probably spool it with 50# masterbraid and get another spool with 6lb izor
-bb

Perris Bluegill Chaser
07-08-2011, 05:49 PM
I just got a Penn Slammer Liveliner and 9ft Ugly Stik, people are catching up to 30# striper with that reel on the other coast. Wanted another multipurpose combo. will probably spool it with 50# masterbraid and get another spool with 6lb izor
-bb

thats a nice reel.....

Hitts0n
07-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Ugly stick for sure.....good luck out there and see you so0n !!

blackberg
07-08-2011, 06:04 PM
yeah Ugly Stik are not perfect but are the best bang for the buck in rods,

I got the biggie liveliner too, should be fun in the salt
-bb

evosamurai
07-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Step 1
Find a straight tree branch, then trim the branch. This means removing all protruding branches and twigs. You might need a knife to accomplish this. You'll want your branch to be roughly the size of a standard fishing pole and around the same height as its intended user.
Step 2
Purchase fishing line and a fishing hook. Hooks come in all shapes and sizes, so consult with the salesperson about the types of fish you aim to catch in order to determine the appropriate size.
Step 3
Cut a piece of fishing line with scissors that is the same length as your fishing pole. Use the knife to cut a groove around the end of your pole, then tie one end of the fishing line to this grooved end, fitting the line tightly into the groove so that it cannot slide.
Step 4
Cut a similar groove with the knife around the middle of a cork. This will serve as your bobber. Tie the line around the grooved section of the cork 6 to 10 inches from the free end of the line. Be sure that 6 to 10 inches of line remains free.
Step 5
Tie the end of the fishing line to the hook.
Step 6
Attach some bait, such as worms that can be found in your front yard, and go fish.

heydaad
07-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Nothing special needed for cats ... a cane pole, carp rod, a trimmed branch, or anything similar will get the job done. Whatever pound test line you have, a bit of a sinker, and a sharp hook. Chicken livers, gizzards, or rotten ground meat ... all will work. Enjoy the deep fried goodness of catfish fillets as the result!

Perris Bluegill Chaser
07-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Step 1
Find a straight tree branch, then trim the branch. This means removing all protruding branches and twigs. You might need a knife to accomplish this. You'll want your branch to be roughly the size of a standard fishing pole and around the same height as its intended user.
Step 2
Purchase fishing line and a fishing hook. Hooks come in all shapes and sizes, so consult with the salesperson about the types of fish you aim to catch in order to determine the appropriate size.
Step 3
Cut a piece of fishing line with scissors that is the same length as your fishing pole. Use the knife to cut a groove around the end of your pole, then tie one end of the fishing line to this grooved end, fitting the line tightly into the groove so that it cannot slide.
Step 4
Cut a similar groove with the knife around the middle of a cork. This will serve as your bobber. Tie the line around the grooved section of the cork 6 to 10 inches from the free end of the line. Be sure that 6 to 10 inches of line remains free.
Step 5
Tie the end of the fishing line to the hook.
Step 6
Attach some bait, such as worms that can be found in your front yard, and go fish.

i got my hook up

tacklejunkie
07-10-2011, 10:38 AM
I have caught some cats very shallow. A stick pole would actually work pretty good.

smokehound
07-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Lmfao@ evo.

Macks work, but fresh shad from the lake is best!

lovefofish
07-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Ohhhh now I see why I don't get any cats. I always forget to cut the notch for the string

See Chris Fish
07-10-2011, 07:21 PM
This is the one I bought a few weeks ago. Has been working out great. Very pleased.

copy and past:

http://www.basspro.com/Shakespeare-Ugly-Stik-Catfish-Spinning-Rod-and-Reel-Combo/product/51675/-1012576