PDA

View Full Version : El Capitan???

a321eric
07-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Has anyone fished there recently? If so, I was hoping i could get some info on what the bite should be like. Ill be up there this weekend to catch some nice largies. :]

Thanks

661Bass'n
07-06-2011, 03:03 PM
I haven't been there since Feb/Mar, but I use to fish it all the time when I was stationed in SD. I was always successful TR and DS 4"-8" worms, I normally used the tequila sunrise ribbon tails from Yum. But, I would check out SDfish.com, see what been the latest....

enjoy, I am wishing I could head that way, I love El Cap.

Alex

a321eric
07-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Right on, thanks for the tips.

fish.n.stein
07-07-2011, 08:27 AM
I was there a few weeks ago and the action was really good in the morning but slowed down as it got hotter until the wind picked up.start in the morning throwing spinner baits squarebill crankbaits or small swimbaits near the brush piles close to shore.the fish should be up tight busting on shad. Texas rigged craw patterns produce good numbers as well pitching into the brush.isolated cover will always hold fish! As the day goes on the bite will get tough.but stick through ait and wait till that wind picks up. As soon as the wind starts blowin pick up that crankin stick run paralell with the bank anywhere from 10 to 20 from shore. Find a crankbait that fits the depth you are fishing asnd you should be set.my bait of choice was the kvd strike king silent crank bait 1.5 gizzard shad,green gizzard shad, and my favorite tenessee shad all worked well.i caught a 6 10 on this exact bait last week at barrett. Well thats the best info I can give. Good luck to ya. Looking forward to seein the report.tight lines
Fish.n.stein

Darius
07-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Camping looks for there!