PDA

View Full Version : going to castaic ^_^ any tips?

pacobell
07-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Well ive been reading up on castaic and it seems like an awesome place i usually use 5' grub yamamoto smoke w lg black n silver flakes for bass it murders them at my lake wondering if they would work there! Any tips for the bass out there :-D come on dont be shy i dont bite hopefully the bass do!

eggot
07-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Well ive been reading up on castaic and it seems like an awesome place i usually use 5' grub yamamoto smoke w lg black n silver flakes for bass it murders them at my lake wondering if they would work there! Any tips for the bass out there :-D come on dont be shy i dont bite hopefully the bass do!

How bout you just go to the lake yourself and try your moneymaker there since it works so well at your lake. Who knows maybe you'd end up giving the rest of us tips.

Anyways I did a lil bass fishing today but didn't put much time/effort therefore didn't get good results. Worked 4'' watermelon senkos both wacky & tr style and used a 4" rapala jerkbait for nada in one of the coves on the fish arm for nada. But then that was less than an hour of bass fishing. Try fishing shithouse cove on the ski arm ( don't know the real name but it's Obv why it'd be called that). I've had good results there earlier this year.

pacobell
07-05-2011, 11:55 PM
I prob will end up doing that, little recon before doesnt hurt

BassWhisperer
07-06-2011, 12:04 AM
shore or boat? Fish with what you're comfortable with. Pay very close attention to structure. I've had great results fishing Ikas & Senkos on points. They are very easy baits to fish with. Fish slow.... Dropshot small worms on light line when bite is tough. Have fun brother.

Bassnman Mike
07-06-2011, 08:33 PM

Yamamoto Grubs on a darter head will catch bass just about anywhere, I say give it a try. Also, try split shotting them.

pacobell
07-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Thx for the tips guys hopefully i get out there this friday