PDA

View Full Version : Crowley over the weekend...Anyone?

socal114
07-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Anyone fish Crowley over the holiday weekend? I've heard the bite has been VERY slow and there is a significant algae bloom going on right now. Heading up to Mammoth/June Loop this weekend and plan to hit Crowley or Convict Sunday...

DKS
07-05-2011, 08:15 PM
My family of four fished Crowley on 6/27 and it was really slow. We got to the docks at 7 and there were only 3 cars in the lot. We fished for 7 hours in all of my favorite spots and picked up one nice brown (3 lbs) and that was it. Talked to the guy at the dock after and he said that it has been really slow. Only fish being cleaned was a few Sacramento Perch, no trout. Didn't see anyone catching all day. Oh well, fishing was slow, but it was absolutely beautiful out there. No wind and warm. Beautiful scenery with the family makes it all worthwhile...even if fishing was slow. BTW, algae bloom is in effect, but you can still find some fairly clean water if you look around. GL!

cjschock
07-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Just back from a perch run. Worst trip I have ever had as far as catching fish at crowley. Everyone I talked to said they had the worst luck ever as well. Did however, get a 23 inch brown out of Rush creek so that made the trip worth it.

socal114
07-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the reply...It looks like we will change it up and hit Convict Sunday. If Crowley breaks open during the week, I guess we can always come down the hill for a day.

kaiyasdad
07-06-2011, 08:47 AM
i fished crowley on a rental boat on 6/30. my wife and kid threw lures and we picked up around 12 with one nice brown. fish seemed to be moving toward mcgee as we got bit on the mcgee side of sandy point and by sunday wen we left for home most boats were parked there. convict was good and rock creek lake was too. bunch of small fish at rock creek but everyone seemed to be hooking up.