PDA

View Full Version : Outer banks 2011 Tuna season...

HunterAndy
07-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Looks like its going to be a late season for Tuna fishing this year...Last year this time the bite had been hot for 2 weeks and we took the July 4th trip out of H&M Landing off the Ranger 85 and hit Albies big time. This year; 2 bluefin here, 2 yellowtaill there, Couple albies...ugh I can't wait n e longer!

Liteweight
07-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Looks like its going to be a late season for Tuna fishing this year...Last year this time the bite had been hot for 2 weeks and we took the July 4th trip out of H&M Landing off the Ranger 85 and hit Albies big time. This year; 2 bluefin here, 2 yellowtaill there, Couple albies...ugh I can't wait n e longer!

I'm spending my waiting hours going over all my tackle (ie. servicing my reels again, checking guides for grooves and cracks, checking/replacing all roller bearings and bushings and checking/changing ALL my lines and top-shots). Also pre-setting drag tension on all my lever-drags.
Checking the inventory of hooks, swivels, sinkers (all), crimping supplies, leaders, trolling feathers and jigs. Also sharpening/replacing all jig hooks (as necessary).
All this keeps me quite busy.
LW

lovefofish
07-05-2011, 10:34 PM
not last year? last year sucked 09 we hit long fins and moss backs at the 238 june 4.