PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid lake info... Where is "The Channel"

jaggerbub
07-05-2011, 03:25 AM
Been reading a lot of good reports about "the channel" area for shore fishing. Can anyone chime in on where this spot is located? I can't seem to find any info on
that location.

I guess what i need to know is which off-ramp do i take, how far of a hike, what to expect? I've got a few days off soon and wanted to take my 7yr old fishing. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks!

HunterAndy
07-05-2011, 08:40 AM
There is only one channel at Pyramid lake. The main lake. Wen you arrive to the gate to pay to enter it is on your right hand side where the picnic benches are. My favorite lake and spot...

eggot
07-05-2011, 10:57 AM
The lake is extremely limited in shore fishing and it's like 1 of the 2 places you can only really shore fish. When in doubt just actually go to the lake yourself and ask the front gate when you enter. They'd be more than happy to direct you there.

fish-o-haulic
07-05-2011, 10:58 AM
exactly what hunter andy said. Its no hike the parking lot is actually like right by it. The channel is like half the lake.

Hitts0n
07-05-2011, 12:24 PM
The lake isnt limted to shore fishing.The channel might be.But u can shore fish from the main entrance,allllllll
the way around to the swim beach.And depending how high the water is,a lil futher than that.Plus u can exit
vista largo and can fish all down there.The channel is ok to fish.I like fishing the rocks cuss there's shade
and more fish to catch.The only fish I havent seen crusing the shore by the rocks is carp.I catch trout,cats,panfish,
and stripers there.But the channel is defin the easiest way to go,but limited to shade.

fishingboysdad
07-07-2011, 07:36 PM
i got off on that exit once and went to the visitors center and they told me that we couodnt fish from there.that i had to go to the smokey the bear exit and fish from the emigrant landing area.is that true?