PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia Lake...fire in the mountains 7/3/11

steve_rod99
07-04-2011, 11:55 AM
My cousin comes and wakes me up saying get ready lets go to hesperia....so i get up and get ready were out the door by 11:00. We get there about 12:15. We have 45min of spare time so we decide to walk around the lake to see how the day going so far there was about 40 people only one guy with 4 kittys? so i say to my self its going to be a long day.....its now about to be 1:00 so we headed back to the shop and waited in line to get our passes. We head to my favorite spot i bait my poles and cast and i turn to my left and the guy that was behind me in line has a fish hooked on already not even 2 minutes pass since he casted his pole and he already had one.......2 houres pass and nothing....we look towards the mountain and there is black smoke coming out from behind the mountain...THERES A FIRE!!!!....30min pass and here comes a helicopter witha long chain hanging and a small bag at the bottom...he starts circleling the lake...i tell my cousin theres no way he is gonna be able to pick up water from here and yes he starts to pick up water making these waves...another 30min pass and here comes a 2bigger water dropping helicopter......so this goes on thru the whole day...no way the fish are gonna bite there probably all scared....i start seeing theis sturgeon jumping out of the water...So my cousin wants to leave i tell him no maybe later on theyll bite since there all probably all scared they might bite later on.....so finally 2 houres left to fish and the helicopters stop coming to pick up water and no bites still we have around 45 minutes left till closing time and bamm i have one hooked on a nice kitty then his pole hits and he has one and then i got another strike but i lost him. My cousin ends up getting three more......at the end of the day it was a good day.................i took some pics but i dnt know how to post them but ima probably post them in my facebook account if u guys want to check them out....steve_rod22@yahoo.com