PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 7/3 guide trip, Blood and lake lice up to my neck

SDDave
07-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Had a trip schedule today with Cary from Northern Calif. And yesterday's fun with my daughter and her boyfriend I had a game plan for today, catch lots of striper and don't get angry at the the lake lice!
Well acomplished both, got limits, waved at all the boat that split between me and the shoreline, even the sherriff came thought the gauntlet, two boat lengths that was it but they still did!
Crazy Crazy day, never took any water over the bow but it was close!

The fishing was very good, I pulled off the spot but latter came back for fish and more fun with the lake lice. Cleaned all the fish and had a good group of onlookers and answered many question and never cut myself, just one poke to the palm, ouch, Cary is planning a big fish fry up at his inlaws up at frazier park, he's got plenty to serve, the fish were all 1 to 3 pounders.
The bite is on at Pyramid, so don't let little crowd and the heat stop you from getting in on the bite!
Have a good 4 of July, Dave...
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr349/sddave50/1afb1be0.jpg

dixoncider
07-04-2011, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the info....

Fishin Magician
07-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Hey Dave,
Do they have a cleaning station at Pyramid. I'm tired of lugging them home whole. Where did you find your fish? what bait were you using.
Thanks,
John

SDDave
07-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Yes they have a really nice cleaning station, sardines, I've done best at the entrances to coves and main lake points in 30 ft of water with the bait a couple cranks off the bottom or the fishfinder will tell you what dept there swimming at.

dkinla
07-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Nice report. Sounds like a great day. Do these lake lice bite? Never heard of them. I fish from the shore in front of that newly opened tackle store. Hit or miss from there.

ityperx
07-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Nice report. Sounds like a great day. Do these lake lice bite? Never heard of them. I fish from the shore in front of that newly opened tackle store. Hit or miss from there.

I think he's referring to the people(s) on the lake itself, not literally a lice.

fish-o-haulic
07-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Great report im waiting to head up there myself. Its been a few years since ive been.

SDDave
07-04-2011, 11:49 AM
It's a term used for all others in boats, jet skis, that arn't fishing. so if your fishing from shore and you were to have boats and jets skis running around right infront of were your fishing and you could hit them with your lure or bait, Lice is something thats bothering you within your reach and it still won't go away.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?33387-Pyramid-lake-lice-infestation

dkinla
07-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Thx for the info... As u can see.. This is still my 5th post! Have enjoyed reading/learning from the posts.

Fishin Magician
07-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Dave,
Where is the cleaning station located?
Thanks,
John

dkinla
07-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Well.. I'll jump in here..tell ya the cleaning station is on your right-hand side maybe 50-70 yards before the sheriff office near the railing that goes along the inlet. It has an overhead shelter with a water handle that swings. You can't miss it.. Or miss the fishy smell when a breeze passes through.

david4u18
07-12-2011, 11:43 AM
been waiting to here some news about whats been going on at the lake.... im going to florida for 8 days to do some bass fishing. when i get back it will be about 2 weeks before i start having fishing withdraws so ill hit you up dave.... we need to find these 15lbs stippers that are in there

pyramidrose
07-12-2011, 12:19 PM
We have those 15 lb's and some pigs bigger then that........................:Envious:

No not with our skill level:Sad: