PDA

View Full Version : New year same old spot. First Spotfins of the Year

bowler
07-03-2011, 03:16 PM
I got up with my wife. She had to go to school at 7am to 7pm since I was going to be home all by myself I told here I was going to try to caught some spotfin. She told me to put sun block on since the last time i forgot to but some on my feet last week and I got my feet burned now i have a flip flop farmers tan on my feet. LOL Got to the beach around 7:30 am got my bait and head to my spot. I got there and I noticed that there were ppl already in my spot. I walked over to see have there were doing and they said they got a few spotfin only about 12" long. So I got set up the and I start casting out. I kept on getting good hits but i kept missing them. The guys kept on getting sharks and rays and a few BSP. Then i finally got a hook up I got a 5" YFC so the skunk is off but i was not the fish i was after. Then the guys next to me got a 13 1/2" spotfin they asked me if i wanted it i said no so they let it go. A litte bit later i get a good hook up but i know it was not that big but i got it in it was spotfin but it was not know pig like i got last year only 13 1/2" long so i but if in the bucket. Put more bait on and got another good hook up I reeled it in and i was a Bean about the same size has the spotfin i got. So kept. The sun finally came out. Then the bite starting picking up then the guys next to me got a nice hook up and he got it in and i was a 20" spotfin they kept. And finally got good hook up i know it was a good size fish. I got it in and i was 20" spotfin. Those guy lift and I moved over a little bit. Then i started getting some big BSP bigger then the top of my bucket sorry no pic of them but i let them go. I got two about that size. Then i get a hard hit i know it was bigger then the last spotfin got. I got him in and put him next the the other spotfin and for sure it was. Then i but out more bait then i got another hook up i was fight it it but i snap my leader of only 8lbs test. :mad::mad::mad: . Then i notice other guy down about a 100 yards from me reeling in something really big. he finally get in and about 100 run over to see what i got and so did I. I get over to it but all a saw was some white so i thought it was a WSB but i finally got a nice view of it and i was a BSB about a 40lbs from the surf.:EyePop::EyePop::EyePop: PPl took pic of it and he got it back in the water but at first it got pushed in by the waves so some grab the mouth and swam it out past the wave and i then it was out to sea to live another day. I kept on fish for a little more but i did not get any more big hit all i was getting was BSP so i called it a day.
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac21/bowler23_99/Mobile%20Uploads/image_2.jpg
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac21/bowler23_99/Mobile%20Uploads/image_1-1.jpg
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac21/bowler23_99/Mobile%20Uploads/image-10.jpg
3 spotfin
1 bean
1 yfc
2 pig BSP
10 BSP

Ifishtoolittle
07-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Nice job on the feesh.

HarbourAnglr
07-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Good looking fish Bowler. Sounds like a fun day in the surf!

bowler
07-03-2011, 04:53 PM
It was a fun. I was cool to see a BSB caught out of the surf.

murrieta angler
07-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Hey Greg,
So they are poaching your spot?!
Good job with all the fish.
Robert
<><

bowler
07-07-2011, 06:28 PM
yeah but they live around there. Robert i'm going out there this weekend again if you can make you should come join me.

Kelster
07-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Nice job. I have to look at getting back to SW fishing one day. Having too much fun on the tube lately.

smokehound
07-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Spotfins are crazy. One second, they're fighting like a normal croaker, weak, then the next, they're zigzagging all over the place like a corbina-- that's when they break me off!

bowler
07-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Spotfins are crazy. One second, they're fighting like a normal croaker, weak, then the next, they're zigzagging all over the place like a corbina-- that's when they break me off!
Well not these spotfin i get they take off so as i hook up. Only be broke off a few times on 8lb leader.

smokehound
07-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Well not these spotfin i get they take off so as i hook up. Only be broke off a few times on 8lb leader.I use 6 lb, so I break off alot. I know a great spot for toad sargo and spotfin, in newport. PM me if you wanna know. You might have been there before, but hit me up!

Seriously, these sargo are ENORMOUS!