PDA

View Full Version : Catfish in castaic.

fish-o-haulic
07-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Any in the upper lake. Ive heard of them being caught from there, good sizes to I think it was eggot who told me one time he caught a big one out of there. Anyone know how there doing up there, thinking of going for them soon.

laserbrn
07-03-2011, 05:48 AM
I have only ever caught them while fishing for stripers. I've never specifically them. Last week I caught an 11.5lber.

eggot
07-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Any in the upper lake. Ive heard of them being caught from there, good sizes to I think it was eggot who told me one time he caught a big one out of there. Anyone know how there doing up there, thinking of going for them soon.

Nah....never caught a big cat out of upper. I got a 10lber at the lagoon on a spinnerbait one summer years ago but that was it.

Hitts0n
07-03-2011, 04:13 PM
I'll let u know thursday! =)

BIGBASS MB
07-03-2011, 04:29 PM
YES big cats are there, I got a nice 14lb kitty while fishing for stripers down deep 80 ft of water... it ate the sardine cutbait.
http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad234/bigbassmb/BIGCATFISH009.jpg

eggot
07-03-2011, 06:27 PM
nice cat! Must have been one hell of a fight @ 80 ft, especially if you were fishing light.

TheAsianGuy
07-03-2011, 09:09 PM
That's some nice kitty! Must be a great meal for that baby.

fish-o-haulic
07-04-2011, 12:39 AM
maybe it was the lagoon you told me about.

fish-o-haulic
07-04-2011, 12:04 PM
YES big cats are there, I got a nice 14lb kitty while fishing for stripers down deep 80 ft of water... it ate the sardine cutbait.
http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad234/bigbassmb/BIGCATFISH009.jpg

Nice dw hat and catfish. do you play the drums.

BIGBASS MB
07-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Drums are my other hobby...
MB

fish-o-haulic
07-04-2011, 08:16 PM
I play them whenever im not fishing. My uncle back in the 90s had the chance to play professionally but didnt for a few reasons. I play because he inspired me to, and because when your 5 years old anything that makes noise sounds interesting to you. and Im playing em all the time looking to get better. Im constantly on youtube looking up guys like tony royster jr. calvin rodgers steve gadd and my personal favorite aaron spears.

fish-o-haulic
07-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Any more info anyone wants to add.

BIGBASS MB
07-06-2011, 09:04 PM
I know this is a fishing site, but if we are gonna talk about drummers you gotta mention
john henry bonham...

fish-o-haulic
07-07-2011, 01:47 AM
Hes pretty good, This guy Lars Ulrich hes good. But im moore into groove fusion stuff than rock, though i learn alot from both sides. I just dont like travis barker, But unlike alot of people that hate him is I dont hate him. He is good but i dont think hes good enough to be famous. Hes more of one of those drummers that got famous for there flash rather than there substance. Hes a crowd pleaser because he plays drums on moving platforms or or stands up while playing instead of sitting. Or everytime he hits the snare or the toms or a crash cymbal lights light up. all i know is if lights lit up every time he hit the hihat or ride cymbal there would be alot of seizures going on. HAHA LOL

bassnet
07-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Hes pretty good, This guy Lars Ulrich hes good. But im moore into groove fusion stuff than rock, though i learn alot from both sides. I just dont like travis barker, But unlike alot of people that hate him is I dont hate him. He is good but i dont think hes good enough to be famous. Hes more of one of those drummers that got famous for there flash rather than there substance. Hes a crowd pleaser because he plays drums on moving platforms or or stands up while playing instead of sitting. Or everytime he hits the snare or the toms or a crash cymbal lights light up. all i know is if lights lit up every time he hit the hihat or ride cymbal there would be alot of seizures going on. HAHA LOL

Yeah, that Bonham guy, he's pretty good... he could catch Moby Dick! and there was some shark fishing in Seattle too, with red snapper. Well rounded angler who could drum a little-

Nice cat, how's that color on that thing, looks yellow like it's been eating bullhead or something, almost the color of a flathead but a channel for sure.

That guy Lars, he's the weak link of that bunch, I like Bob Trujillo though ST was epic

fish-o-haulic
07-08-2011, 01:21 AM
Yeah though rock drummers isn't where I get my inspiration from the ones I do look up are pretty good. I like guys like Aaron spears and eric moore cuz they play more my style and have some crazy stick speed. Especially Aaron Spears he's a versatile drummer with few people that can match his stick and foot speed.

eldizzel
07-09-2011, 05:26 PM
iam the king of catchin cats when i dont want to. by the bouy line and from the dam

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-11-2011, 05:57 PM
many toad kitty to be had there....I fish for them ocassionally and definately catch many as by-catch while striper hunting....

grumpy fat thumpers too...

go get 'em !

Good luck

Don't fish the lagoon for kitty's though...not a good kitty lake